“Very good!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Clanfield B&B and Inns
Middlesex
“Very good!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just stayed here for one night after looking at local Travel lodges and Premier Inns and finding this gem cheaper! All the staff were very friendly.
The rooms are as advertised "Stylish" and I was really pleased with my choice. We had a meal in the pub and were fortunate that Monday's they have a buy one main meal deal and get the second for a £1...result!!! The full English breakfast was also very good, although seeing a fellow guest in her pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers sitting at a table was a bit of a shock!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whosshe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Vinca, France
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The rooms were very good and well appointed with superb showers. Fresh milk in the corridor..............heaven compared with UHT milk. The dinner was good quality normal food and the breakfast was lovely. The only down side was the breakfast was a buffett style, which I think has had its day?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deneuk12
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Passing so went in for a meal. Not a huge menu, we had pie of the day and I have to say it was delicious, definitely home made, full of chunks of meat, good pub food. Don't know what the rooms are like as didn't stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

A small group of us stayed last night at this hotel prior to a business meeting. Not knowing the area we were keen to avoid chain hotels, but also somewhere we could sit and discuss work the night before. The location was lovely, the bar area warm and welcoming (a lovely big open fire was lit) but I was particularly impressed with the menu. It had had a good, interesting choice for veggies (even on the specials board) and when the food arrived it was delicious. Not cheap, but worth the money.
My room (1) was comfy, everything worked well, the shower was great. Breakfast was good and rounded off a brief but enjoyable stay. I'd love to come back with my family when the weather is more amenable to show off the lovely scenery.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Essex, England
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and i stayed here between 7th-10th March, we found the location very easy to find and ideally situated for visiting local attractions.
Check in was quick and simple,and our room(15) was large and well equipped. You can here doors closing from other rooms as the doors are quite substantial, whilst you are trying to sleep,but it was not much of an issue.
Our stay included Breakfast which was plentiful, cold buffet as well as full English, 2 days were cooked to order, 1 day self service.

The food we ordered from the menu on the Friday of our stay was excellent, although portion size small for the price paid.
We were hoping for a Sunday Carvery around 4pm after returning from a day out in Portsmouth, but disappointingly/surprisingly we were told everything had ran out a couple of hours before, something even the staff were angry about, having to apologise to at least 4 other party's who were expecting a carvery. We had issues with the food we ordered later but fortunately we were not charged for anything, that gesture alone will get us to return.

Overall a great place to stay, friendly staff and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nice quiet place to stay ( except the toilet flush). I did find the menu rather limited. Not saying that was a problem but only half a dozen choices for mains. I ordered the burger which was nicely presented although for the price I would havs hoped for a slightly larger portion on chips. unfortunately I did find my burger rather undercooked. I dont mind it looking pink but this was raw in the middle. Listening to the table next to me this was also a problem.

One other negative point. if someone flushes the toilet in the middle of the night in the room next to you it will wake you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked a table for Sunday carvery for 16 family and friends to celebrate my daughter's baptism and son's birthday and, despite being very busy and there being so many of us, nothing was comprised. We had a lovely afternoon with great food, very friendly helpful staff and it was very good value for money. I would definitely recommend the Hampshire Hog. Thanks for helping to make it a great day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clanfield
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Froxfield
New Place Hotel
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath

Been to The Hampshire Hog? Share your experiences!