“A lovely Surprise”

Dandelion Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My partner and I were advised about this cafe by David and Karen Faria (Oakthwaite House, Keswick) and due to the weather we did.

The service was excellent and relaxed, brunch was great and the latte superb! Located on the shores of Derwentwater, the views and garden were beautiful. Will visit again.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Paid rather a lot (almost £10) for tea and cake for 2 which we then had to eat outside in the rain as our dog wasn't allowed inside even though there was another dog inside already. Apparently 'because of the floors'.
Grumpy server told me I'd have to wait until he was finished with his current order before he could take mine.
The cake and the view were extremely good, just a little damp.
We had cheaper tea and cake at the landing stage below the next day, served by friendly and helpful staff. And the dog was welcome too.

2  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is Portinscale's best kept secret!

A large roomy, light and airy cafe, and outside seating overlooking the edge of Derwent Water if it takes your fancy. Perfect for lingering on a sunny afternoon!

This cafe always has some unusual cakes on offer. My favourite was some lemon shortbread, which was absolutely delicious!

If you want something quirky and contemporary, yet retaining the traditional, this place is it.

I like it because it is away from the hustle and bustle of Keswick. You can retreat here after a day on the fells for a spot of tea and cake. What a gem of a place, newly renovated, and a lovely quintessential country house style environment.

There is also a Dandelion cafe at Monk Coniston which is equally as good.