“A jewel of a place in every respect.”

The Chalet Tearooms and Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tearooms and Restauran, serving high quality food and wine in a stunning location near the shores of derwent water..
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This place is just perfect. What a find! Newly refurbished, it has beautiful decor, a log burning stove, 10/10 toilets, superbly thought out menu which is very reasonable and very friendly and efficient staff. What more can I say. Went there on the off chance and will definitely make a trip there each time we visit the Lake District. BRILLIANT!

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Took my husband here for his birthday while we were staying about 20min away having found it on tripadvisor. It was a Saturday night and the only booking I could get was 6.30pm which I took to be a good sign! It was fantastic, the waitresses were excellent, the food absolutely out of this world and the atmosphere lovely. We felt truly spoilt and were really looked after. I imagine it's also lovely in the day but for the evening I can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stopped for lunch after a morning of walking. We had just been caught in the rain and decided to stop for some lunch to warm us up. I had the hot and hearty soup with crusty bread and my husband had a sandwich. My soup was hot, tasty and homemade, just what I needed.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our first visit to The Chalet and it certainly won't be our last. Everything about our visit was superb. There has clearly been a lot of money spent with high quality furniture and fittings in place which leads to a lovely calm and relaxing feel. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the food is fantastic. We had mussels to start, main courses of lamb and duck and a ginger cake pudding, washed down with a very nice bottle of red. Every course was great with everything cooked to perfection. We also called in a couple of times through the day while on walks for coffee and cake - again everything was really good. This really is a must visit destination for anyone who appreciates good food.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

A pleasantly bright and airy eating establishment.

Full english breakfast here is freshly prepared and excellent quality.

In the evening the Chalet is transformed into a licensed restaurant with very good locally sourced food.