Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews flap jacks homemade flapjacks well stocked bar view over the lake fresh milk minute walk into keswick local area evening meal local knowledge small fridge spacious rooms lovely walk brilliant stay amazing hosts full english leave the car friendly hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I enjoyed my stay with very attentive hosts. Everything was clean and lots of special little touches.
Breakfast was good too.
The hotel has wonderful lake views. A large car park and good wifi reception.
Valuable during my stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JillandMal
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I have multiple food intolerances and contacted the owners prior to staying. Once given my long list of restrictions, Clare replied with a full menu of 5 different evening meals (starter, main and dessert), each with a detailed list of ingredients. All were completely suitable. When I arrived, I found that Clare had also bought extra food suitable to have at breakfast. I cannot recommend Dalegarth House highly enough for anyone with special dietary requirements. The owners went to such trouble, and I am sure Clare would be able to adapt meals for just about any dietary requirement.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sam H
Reviewed 24 July 2016

A delight in a wonderful setting. Our hosts were so warm and welcoming, the room was comfortable and spacious, the breakfast was AMAZING, and the location is fantastic, it's an easy walk to the lake, Keswick and the start of some beautiful climbs. Plus free cake, what more could you ask? I would definitely book again, and next time I would request room 4 because the view as spectacular.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmac21
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This gem of a hotel is absolutely wonderful - Craig and Clare can't do enough for their guests and you're made to feel so welcome!
This is our second visit and it really is like visiting friends - it's such a joy to come here.
The food is fantastic - breakfast is delicious, and we recommend you try at least one evening meal and you won't be disappointed - much better than some of the supposed high-end bistros in town.
The hotel is beautifully decorated and is clean and fresh, and is in a great location with lovely views of the lake.
Can't fault it - back soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tourfox2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Brilliant hotel, we stayed 2 nights and couldn't be happier with the service, cleanliness or comfort. Clare and Craig were amazingly helpful with advice to get the most out of our short stay. They made us so welcome and the breakfasts were amazing, nothing too much trouble for these friendly hosts. Thanks again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family