Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
st1962
Leeds, United Kingdom
Great find in a great location.
Review of Dalegarth House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jul 2017
A warm welcome from great hosts Claire and Craig, attentive and very helpful throughout our stay. The tray of freshly baked cakes in the hallway is a lovely and welcomed touch, delicious! Rooms very comfortable and clean, plenty of towels which can be an issue in some places. Breakfasts excellent and more than enough on offer to set you up for the day. Craig has a wealth of local knowledge for walks and recommendations for good places to eat. A short, easy and pleasant walk into Keswick. Onsite parking a great bonus. You won't go wrong choosing this as a base to explore the area. Highly recommended.
Date of stay: July 2017
Room Tip: Rooms at front have lovely lake view.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
0.2 miles from Dalegarth House
Agoda.com
No fees just great deals
  • Booking.com
Restaurant
    £159
0.9 miles from Dalegarth House
View more hotels in Portinscale
All reviews flap jacks homemade flapjacks well stocked bar view over the lake fresh milk minute walk into keswick local area evening meal local knowledge small fridge spacious rooms lovely walk brilliant stay amazing hosts full english leave the car friendly hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This was an impulse trip, booked last minute so I didn't have time to research like I would normally. However I was pleasantly surprised. The place is in easy walking distance of Keswick and the owner helped me with a map of the route right round the lake which I'd not done before. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was small and overlooked but comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious, plenty of choice. The views from the dining room were captivating. Nice little touches like cakes on arrival and available all day which was nice after my 9 mile walk that day. I will definitely be back now I've found it.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hawker953
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful guest house. Very friendly welcome by Craig & Claire the owners and this welcome continued throughout our 2 days stay. Nothing is too much trouble and Claire's culinary talents are not to be missed. The evening meals offered were beautiful. The room was spotless and the offer of fresh milk for teas and coffee's was a very nice touch. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I spent a night in Dalegarth House while on a four-day walking tour of the Lakes. It has delightful views of Derwent Water and is within walking distance of everything you need in this charming but quiet village about a mile from Keswick.

I was greeted with tea and lovely home-made cake as soon as I walked in the door. The rooms were of a very high standard. I'd booked a single room for £45 but was upgraded without asking to a double en-suite for no extra charge. The magnificent breakfast included freshly cut raspberries, strawberries and kiwi fruit followed by porridge to die for. And that was just the start! Owners Clare and Craig made every effort to make me feel at home. As I had a long day ahead, Craig even gave me a lift to the other side of Keswick so I could get straight on the fells.
A five star welcome from a friendly couple running a very professional operation. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in June 2017. It was really comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and they were accommodating! We had a few things planned before we came but the hosts were incredibly knowledgeable and helped us make the weekend really special!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We travelled across to the lakes on motorbikes and got caught in heavy rain causing all our clothes to get soaking wet. When we arrived Clare & Craig offered to dry all our clothes ready for the next day.

The accommodation is very clean with everything anyone would need to feel welcome, food is lovely especially Clare's homemade cakes.

We are already planning our return, thanks again Clare & Craig