My boyfriend treated me to an overnight stay here (25 Sept) and it certainly put him in the good books! We stayed in the Josephine room which had a four-poster bed, lovely antique furniture and great views to a field of Highland cattle (which I think are so cute!). The room and bathroom were very spacious and had everything you would need. I loved the toiletries which were from the hotel's spa - the first time I have stayed in a hotel where cleanser and toner were provided - a very nice touch!
We had cream tea in the lounge area and a few drinks in front of a roaring open fire in the bar area, followed by a fantastic five course dinner (if you count the sorbets) in the restaurant.
Throughout our stay customer service from all members of staff was fantastic, very friendly but remaining professional throughout. A particular mention goes to the waiter, Alex I think his name is. He is a true credit to the hotel and really made a difference to our stay.
Unfortunately I didn't get to try out the spa - boyfriend forgot his trunks!! - and as we were only staying one night, I didn't think it right to abandon him, although in hindsight I'm sure he would have been happy if I'd left him in the bar in charge of putting logs on the fire. It just gives me an excuse to go back again some time soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa. Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and easily accessible from the A66, we offer northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we're perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day. As a family-run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is "yes, we can" - if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Morritt Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Morritt Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Morritt Arms Hotel
- Morritt Arms Barnard Castle
- The Morritt Country House Hotel Greta Bridge, Durham