“Amazing luxury at a small cost.”
Review of The Garage Spa

The Garage Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Adjoining the historic Morritt Country House Hotel, at The Garage you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. The Garage is no ordinary spa. Want your nails done? Step into the paint shop. Not firing on all cylinders? A full body MOT is just the ticket. Need to put on the brakes after exploring the stunning Teesdale countryside? Make The Garage your destination. We've put a unique and luxurious spa on the map and look forward to welcoming you to our one-of-a-kind facilities and gorgeous treatments.
Llanwern, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Amazing luxury at a small cost.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I visited the garage spa on a hen weekend, there was 15 of us and we were treated like royalty. We booked the afternoon tea package, after a quick tour and change into swim wear & robes, we got to work relaxing. Every bit of this spa is way better than your average hotel spas(which are usually just a pool tagged on the side), I have paid a lot of money for spa days and nothing comes up to scratch with this place.

The changing rooms were Devine, well decorated and you can use their own shower gel-which smells lovely. From the jacuzzi, to big heated bath and salt room, I can honestly say I've not been this chilled out unless I was on holiday abroad.

We had an array of finger bites for afternoon tea, sandwiches, cakes etc. they were more than accommodating for those of us who ate not white bread. Overall we had an amazing day and would recommend to anyone wanting a chilled out day. If you want to pay the extra, I had a back massage at £30 in the Aston Martin room, she worked her magic & I was very impressed.

Going back with my mum as a birthday treat for us both on the 15th and can't wait to get there and chill out.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MacyGriff

Gateshead, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Awesome spa!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I visited here in July with my partner as a pre wedding treat. I wasnt sure what to expect but we were very pleased with the day. For the price, just over £200, we got a whole day at the soa, full body massage and a chocolate body wrap with head massage, which works out better value than a whole day at the usual spa venues such as Seaham with the treatment costs on top. We also enjoyed an hour in the private rooftop hot tub as part of this, which was timed to be the last hour of the day which fitted in perfectly. We visited on a friday and there were maybe 6 other people there, most of which we didnt see as they were having treatments. There is a lovely outdoor tub, sauna and relaxing chairs, and inside a large jacuzzi, two plunge pools, steam room and a salt room. We also paid for the mud pit, which my partner thought was the best part of the day. The couples suite adds a nice touch as we were able to have our treatments at the same time, and the chocolate wraps smells good enough to eat. We were also impressed with the very good quality of the food served at the hotel- no cheap sandwiches and salads here! The only thing we wished we had booked was a room at the hotel after as we were so chilled we didnt want to drive home. I would recommend this place to anyone

Peterlee, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Smal but perfectly formed”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

A really lovely little spa, treatment really good.My friend and I went for an afternoon spa with tea and we booked a treatment. We had one of the hot Saturdays in July so we were lucky as I think it would be very cramped if 10 people booked in and you couldn't use the outdoor seating area. Would definitely recommend but please consider the weather if you want to use the outside area.

Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely relaxing afternoon”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked the spa afternoon with afternoon tea for £39 per person, well worth the money my hubby and I booked this completely as a last minute basically 2 hours before we arrived. The staff were lovely from the moment we arrived we were shown around the spa and its facilities which were quirky and very much my cup of tea. We spent 4hours being very lazy in the hot tubs, sauna and making the most of the sunshine in the garden. We ended our day with a huge afternoon tea which we thoroughly enjoyed. Overall we had a fabulous time and will be returning to sample some treatments.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lovely small quality spa”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Visited the garage spa yesterday (Sunday). Small spa but lovely and clean,well maintained and good quality. Themed on a garage but not over the top. Had a lovely lunch of sandwiches which were worth having. We arrived about 12.30 and it was fairly quiet. We used the hot tubs,sauna,salt room etc and were all lovely. Free water and iced tea available everywhere. Had the mud pit which is not a pit just a room with a pot of mudbut well woworth doing especially for couples. Had dry flotation which was relaxing but a little pointless. Had back massages and mot facial both of which were nice but nothing amazing. Fairly expensive but was nice to visit as a treat, we were staying in the hotel next door so it worked out well and made a lovely break away. We spent until 5pm in there but could have easily spent longer especially on a nice day in the outdoor hot tub. Only down sides fairly expensive and when two large female parties arrived it was over crowded and loud.

Visited June 2013