“A relaxing and welcoming stay with amazing treatments”

Ideal Ayurvedic Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chowara
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I spent time at Ideal Resort in February 2014 and had a very relaxing stay. The ayurvedic treatments are first rate and there is such a variety of treatments available that there is something for everyone to try. A doctor is also available each day to answer any questions and make recommendations for specific treatments.

The staff at the resort are very welcoming and fun to chat with. Excursions can be arranged directly from the hotel and they provide plenty of information about what is possible to explore during your stay.

The rooms are extremely comfortable, spacious and clean. There is also a swimming pool and the beach is a ten minute walk - and what a beach!

I was also travelling alone as a woman, and must say that I felt safe and respected staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Natalie M

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ideal Ayurvedic Resort changed my life. I was looking for change and I found it here. The warm, caring, smiling and happy staff are Gods Own People. The doctor, the therapists are amazing and their humility and pride is uplifting. The food is local, fresh every day from markets and cooked to perfection. Don't take your fussy appetites there, live a little - let Binu do his magic... And let Junu take you on adventures and shopping trips - Please!
I would hate any changes to take place especially amongst the staff as they are wonderful. It's not luxurious, but its so comforting, you share your meals and your adventures with the other guests and staff in a warm family atmosphere. I've travelled all over the world and stayed at many places from 2 star in Ho Chi Minh to 7 star in Dubai and I found my stay at Ideal tops them all. Thank you Dr. Sibi Raj, Sadeva, Sunu, Junu, Shamir, Binu, Ajit, Kavita, Krishna and the gardener and washing boy for your absolute genuine kindness to a lady who was going through a great deal of internal and external turmoil!
I met some wonderful guests, Corinne, Sonja and of course, the inimitable Joseph Philip - I found a sanctuary, peace and tranquillity from the craziness of my life.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank SallySteedman
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The place is quiet, the ayurvedic treatments execute by the best people, the food is just delicious and different every day. A wonderfull place to stay. People are really amazing, so nice. Helpfull and care. I will come back !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank corinne d
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I like this hotel very much because of the nice and helpfull people working there. The place is quiet and beautiful and you feel at home. The food is excelllent and tasteful. The treatments healthy and good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jyttes0812
Reviewed 25 May 2014

this is the place to come to if you need to learn to breathe again, to take stock of life and find your feet. The staff are lovely and kind and have a great sense of humour, the food is tasty and cooked with love.

Ideal seems to draw an interesting mix of people and its a joy to sit around the pool and pass time with. We came here straight from the plane, our taxi was waiting for us and we felt looked after the whole time we were there. So much that I stayed again before going up North.

if you are looking for a genuine experience of an Ayurvedic resort in India, with lovely clean and comfy rooms and kind people then this is the place to stay

Room Tip: ask for a pool side room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank janpanuk
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The property is situated down a narrow street that leads from the main road to Chowara Beach. To put this review into perspective you must decide why one would go here. We went for their aryuvedic treatment and therefore the standard of accommodation was less important. The rooms are basic , with A/C and not much else. However, the treatments were excellent and the food was good. Although you are supposed to rest, we did do a couple of half day trips with a taxi driver and walked down a very steep hill to Chowara Beach about 10 minutes walk away. We went in May, which is not the ideal time in terms of heat. However, the upside is that there were only very few of us that wanted the treatment and therefore, for us, it was a good time to go as we were given high flexibility in terms of what time of the day we wanted the treatments to be carried out. The property is not a luxury hotel but it does deliver its treatment well. The new Ideal Aryuvedic hotel which is a short walk away is still under construction although it is liveable and looked good from the outside. Shami, the general manager was very helpful and attentive although some of the staff were not the quickest to respond to our requests (which I suppose is a trait of being in India). Overall, I would go back to this property as I am keen to have some more treatment and my emphasis is not on location or standard of accommodation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Cougarat
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is the second time I visit this resort, staying for a couple weeks for treatment. The treatments are really good, the resort is relaxing and comfortable. Staff is friendly. I would recommend it to others and visit again.

I have not stayed in many hotels/resorts that are "perfect". Few things in real life are perfect. So, with regards to Tripadvisor reviews, my experience in general is that hotels/resorts that have all "5star" ratings from every one who rates, have something not quite right going on in their interaction with guests/clients. Luckily Ideal Ayurvedic Resort doesn't get all 5 star reviews from everyone and this is a good sign of it being a genuine, familiar, "real life" place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Kheiron J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowara
Beach Hotel Neelakanta
Beach Hotel Neelakanta
#20 of 52 in Kovalam
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort
The Travancore Heritage Beach Re...
#12 of 98 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort
Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village
New Ideal Panchakarma Centre
Poovar Island Resort

Been to Ideal Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!