The Oak Tree Inn, Helperby
The BW Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$106
US$93
US$428
US$345
  • Pool
US$78
PremierInn.com
Best Western Burn Hall Hotel(Huby)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$100
  • Restaurant
US$146
US$144
All reviewsjacuzzi bathyorkie barthe pubthe private dining roomflask of fresh milkhomemade granolaunderfloor heatingscallopsfish and chipsone night staycomfortable bedlovely villagesunday lunchyorkshire breakfastlovely rooman overnight staycooked to perfection
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just spent a night at The Oak Tree Inn, and I have to say it is absolutely superb. From the lovely big bed, whirlpool bath, and power shower, to the smaller details like a cafetiere and proper teapot on the hospitality tray! We had dinner in the restaurant and it was lovely. Well presented and cooked perfectly. I had a steak and my wife had the burger. Both were lovely. We had a lovely nights sleep, and breakfast the next morning was the same quality as the previous nights meal. An excellent choice of freshly cooked food. All for a good price.

Faultless.

Thanks so much for a lovely relaxing night away!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We decided to go and stay on a B&B basis on Easter Sunday. Arriving mid afternoon we checked in to our lovely room (super king - absolutely enormous!) and ventured to the bar for a few drinks.

My Hendricks & tonic was delightfully served in a large wine glass with lots of ice, cucumber garnish & a straw and this continued all evening.

Dinner was very very tasty and my husband's gluten free diet was managed with ease. The food was excellent; C had steak tartare, intriguingly served with blueberries and blackberries, whilst I settled for scallops for the starter. Both were superb. Neither of us could resist the steaks on offer for mains and the request for blue was honoured. The wine was great and we disappeared off to bed shortly afterwards full of tasty food and had a great night's sleep.

Breakfast was as good it has been in the past; very relaxing and a lovely way to start the day.

Another great visit that was good value and very enjoyable. We'll be back.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed there for a couple of nights the week before Easter and had a really nice break. A recently renovated village pub offering 6 rooms, we found it clean, comfortable and quite, even though our room faced the main road. Litttle details such as fresh milk in a flask in the room and a good selection of teas and coffees were offered. The staff were helpful and friendly, asking how our day went when we got back in the evening. Would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Marty309
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Living locally to Helperby i thought i would pop in for an early dinner with my partner and friends on Easter bank holiday Monday. A long weekend working for the staff came across as the service was short, inpersonal and actually rather rude. As a paying customer I would expect the staff to be more professional. The waiter who I think was the manager on the floor was cocky and extremely sure of himself- along with rather bad odour- wearing a blue shirt with huge sweat patches is not a nice look, especially been served by him!
We ordered 7 for 7- which is 7 meals before 7pm. We were informed the Fish and Chips was sold out and if we wanted a 7 for 7 meal we would have to choose something else. So we all choose Steak and Ale Pie. we waited 30 minutes before the meal came, with 2 different waitresses bringing us bread- we were obviously forgotton about for a while!
The food came- which looked like childrens courses. It had a small bowl of chips which were obviously frozen ones, a small porcelian dish with about 10 small chunks of beef, peas and gravy with a puff pastry top. Then a jug of gravy- which tasted very much like bistro! There was no ale in it! May I also add there was no actual veg on the plate apart from the peas in the actual pie! My partner ate his food in about 3 minutes flat- it was a small starter size!
Maybe it was my confusion but I imagined that this is a main course and not a small childs portion/starter! If this is the case the menu needs to be updated to 'snack size meals'!
While we were waiting to reluctantly pay a family was leaving anf expressed their dissapointment about the food and service- food took over 1 hour to arrive, some came cold, some change uncooked! Nice end to their family weekend away! Waiter apologised and said he will ensure they have a better experience next time! The gentlemen explained they were not from the area and if visited the area again they would not return to reccommend to friends!
The Oak need to work on portion sizing, quality of food and also quality of wait staff...it can not ride off the reputation of it been a Provenance Inns pub for ever!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Arrived to a warm welcome, the inn was buzzing with people enjoying Easter Sunday at this welcoming establishment. We were shown to our ground floor room, superbly presented, magnificent wardrobe, huge very comfortable bed and 6 sensational feather pillows, fab flat screen Sony TV, just what 2 weary travellers needed. Excellent tea and coffee making facilities, with a thermos full of fresh milk, not those nasty little cartons. Well equipped en suite with good shower, sadly no bath. Black out curtains, quiet courtyard location and controllable heating all ensured a great nights sleep. Having had a large lunch we didn't want much dinner but I enjoyed a double portion of king scallops served with slices of belly pork and cauliflower purée and my partner's bangers and mash, with 2 lovely plump sausages was the bargain of the week at £7. The staff were fun and charming, the other guests demonstrated typical Yorkshire friendliness. All in all a great stay that we intend to repeat. As good as some 5 stars I have stayed in and better than most. Well done Oak Tree!

1  Thank Bopeep1947