We picked the Oak Tree Inn for a one night stay at the end of our holiday and it has much to commend it. The building is very tastefully decorated with a comfortable bar area and smart restaurant and the bedrooms are nicely furnished. The bar served one of my favourite beers (Black Sheep) and has a good selection of wines. The food, both dinner and breakfast, was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed both meals. Unfortunately when we stayed it was very warm and so we kept the window open in our bedroom, which was at the front of the building facing the road. Although we were assured by the staff (who were very friendly and helpful) that the village was quiet, there was a constant stream of noisy traffic, including a number of lorries, turning at the junction opposite our room. This continued until late at night and started again very early on Sunday morning. Added to this our room was directly above the bar and the noise from here could also be heard. Finally I must add a word of warning as our room had a shower over the bath but the ceiling also had a beam running along it and there was a danger of hitting your head on this while taking a shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE OAK TREE INN, HELPERBY. "We serve drinks, we serve food and people can stay. It is a real reflection of what the British Inn was, and is, all about' - Michael Ibbotson, co-owner. The Oak Tree Inn at Helperby re-opens its doors. Provenance Inns is proud to announce the opening of its second village inn, in Helperby, North Yorkshire…Read Press Release. The Oak Tree Inn specializes in bringing its customers high quality food, drink, service and surroundings, including a superb private dining room for larger parties of 16 to 20 and six en-suite bedrooms. The classic British menus showcase the best local produce available from carefully selected suppliers as well as stocking an extensive range of wines and cask ales. The Oak Tree is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set on the cross roads of historic Helperby and Brafferton, The Oak Tree Inn is easily accessible from Easingwold, Thirsk and Boroughbridge as well as the A1 and A19, less than 30 minutes from York City Centre or 35 minutes from Harrogate. Opening Times: Breakfast & Morning Coffee (also available to non-residents) 8am-12noon, Lunch: Monday – Saturday 12noon – 2.30pm, Sunday Brunch & Traditional Lunch: 11am-3pm. Afternoon menu 2.30pm-5.30pm, Dinner 5.30pm-9.30pm (Sundays 8.30pm). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Oak Tree Inn, Helperby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oak Tree Inn, Helperby Hotel Helperby
- The Oak Tree Inn, Helperby Yorkshire