“A weekend to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belvoir Bed & Breakfast at Woodside Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barkestone
Belvoir Bed & Breakfast at Woodside Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Barkestone B&B and Inns
Horsham, United Kingdom
“A weekend to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Four of us arrived on Thursday 13th June after a wet journey. We received a very warm welcome with a nice cup of tea and some scones. Our rooms were en-suite, clean and bright with good hospitality trays for our use.
Nothing seemed too much trouble and a restaurant table was booked for later in the evening.
Breakfast was a delight with fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereals. The works, a freshly cooked to order scrumptious meal, set us up nicely for the day.
Help and assistance was given with setting up trips for the days we were there and Mrs Hickling was very knowledgeable about local attractions.
All in all a good trip, lovely accommodation in a beautiful setting hosted by a couple who made us feel very much at home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

what a wonderful stay we had with Diane and her husband in their lovely farmhouse. Two nights was not enough and when we left we had made a lovely friend. We arrived to a welcome tea and homemade scones. Our cottage style bedroom was very clean with good hospitality tray. Lovely adjoining bathroom with local organic toiletries. a guest sitting and dining area made very comfortable and relaxing with every need catered for. Breakfast excellent and locally sourced food was cooked to perfection. Absolutely delicious with great choices. Diana is a mind of local information of attractions in the area and best places to eat. Truly genuine and lovely lady who cannot do enough to make your stay feel special. We had such a great stay and will definitely be returning in the future. Thank you so much Diane you are a beautiful lady and your B&B is excellent. thank you for everything, especially telling us about the art festival Patchings and your great maps for direction. Loved our time at your farm and enjoyed meeting puppy `Katie` the cats and wildlife lots of love Rita & Graham Lincolnshire

Room Tip: our room was `swallows nest` twin or family lovely view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Stamford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Have just got back from an overnight stay with my grandaughter. Haven't done B and B for years, but what a treat. We had the most warming welcome from Diane our hostess. Lovely cup of tea and cakes.
Our room was delightful, clean, and cottage style. Beautiful bathroom, local organic toiletries.
Fab breakfast and so many lovely touches aimed at my grandaughter. Then before we left Diane kindly showed us the animals on the farm.
Reall fab stay thanks Diane. I'm converted to B and B

Stayed May 2013
Sheringham, Norfolk, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at this lovely farmhouse for a 2 night stay while attending a wedding at Belvoir Castle - ideal situation. Diane Hickling and her husband run a superb B&B, everything you could want, warm, comfortable, quiet, excellent breakfast and a few cats to chat to! Diane went beyond her kindness by lending me some tights for the wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at Belvoir B&B during this years Burghley Horse Trials, from the 29th August - 02 September. It was a very last minute booking but Diane, my host, made the process extremely quick, easy and trouble free. The website was clear and informative as Belvoir is not an area that I am familiar with. I arrived late on my first day and was greeted by Diane who helped me carry my bags to my ground floor double bedroom with private shower-room. The room was so cosy and clean and I was impressed to spot tea and coffee making facilities, mini mars bars, hair dryer, heated blanket and a selection of organic Belvoir bath goodies including shampoo and shower gel..which was lovely! Each day I got up earlier than anyone else in the B&B (5.50am) but Diane didn’t mind, making me porridge and fresh fruit, and a flask of tea to take with me, ready to leave for Burghley at 6.30am. The days were incredibly long and it was so nice to come back to a warm friendly B&B for a good night sleep each night, I don’t think I’ve ever slept so well. Diane is quite possibly the nicest person I think I have ever met, nothing was too much for her and she was more than happy to draw me maps to the local pub and train station. Woodside Farm is lovely, my room was perfect and the area beautiful – I hope to return for a non-horse related trip soon! Thank you so much, Lindsey Bennett xx

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lindsey B
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

If you want a few days to rest and relax you will not find anywhere better than Woodside Farm B&B. It is situated in the tranquil Vale of Belvoir with it's attractive villages and old fashioned pubs. You will be spoilt by Diane ( but who minds that!) and if you have an interest in country life -particularly old tractors and machinery- then Adam is your man. When you leave you may be a few days older in body but I vouch you will a great deal younger in spirit.

Room Tip: Both rooms are comfortable and quiet with country views
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were treated royally by Diane, a wonderfully peaceful spot, and so close to Belvoir Castle. An immaculate, comfortable place, Diane was a kind and attentive hostess, could not have wished for more, and the breakfast she is famous for lived right up to expectations, absolutely fabulous, thank you Diane.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike-AngelaEvans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barkestone
Premier Inn Grantham Hotel
Belton Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Belton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,558 reviews
The Paddock at Peacock Farm

Been to Belvoir Bed & Breakfast at Woodside Farm? Share your experiences!