“Very pet friendly and a comfortable weeks break”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Rabbit Burrow Luxury Lodge with Hot Tub
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Matthew W
“Very pet friendly and a comfortable weeks break”
Reviewed 15 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018

Overall, I was very happy with my stay at Fields End Water. With a little more attention to detail this stay would have deserved 5 stars.
The staff I met were friendly and accommodating. I had issues with my vehicle during my stay and the staff were understanding and allowed the technician on site to collect my car. The staff from the cafe by the pool were extremely friendly and it was a pleasure to take a break from the fishing to have a spot to eat there. The food was also very nice and the portions were generous.
I enjoyed my fishing, I fished the Pool which I understood had the larger carp in. The pool is possibly overstocked with carp averaging 8lb. The pool was very busy with the majority of the pegs taken but everyone was catching with some individuals bagging up to 19 carp in a day. I was lucky enough to catch a mirror at 17lb but I didn't see many upper doubles during my week there. If your looking for a venue with some easy fishing then this will be perfect. A lot of the fisherman were equipped with carp rods and bite alarms, myself included but if I was to return I would favor a single feeder rod.
The lodge was nice and modern with all the equipment I required for a short stay. It did lack for storage space with only a single empty cupboard in the kitchen and a small built in wardrobe in the bedroom which was full of cleaning items. For our short stay I left all my items in my suitcase. The lodge had also not been cleaned thoroughly, I found a lot of mess on and around the sofas and the place mats had not been wiped.
The hot tub is a very nice feature and is inspected daily. It was clean and it was very nice to unwind after a long day of walking or fishing.
There are a number of public footpaths which pass though or alongside the site which made for very nice walks with the dog. Its also not far from Doddington town with a shop/chippy and pubs with bear gardens.
In summary, If your a keen fisherman with a dog(s) looking for a luxury fishing holiday then this is perfect.

Date of stay: October 2018
15 Oct 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave your informative review.
loshilton
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable lodge”
Reviewed 14 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018

Very nice comfortable lodge. My husband really enjoyed the fishing on site. Peaceful location close to Ely and couple of National Trust properties.

Date of stay: October 2018
15 Oct 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
Jon S
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 14 October 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Plus side - Great lodge, great fishing, fab hot tub. The lodge was clean and modern. Down side - You have to pay for wifi and there is no clear path to the village as we were led to believe by the map they hand you. You take your life in your own hands walking on the road to the village.....!!
Taken a star off for this.

Date of stay: July 2018
15 Oct 2018
Thanks for the review. That's a shame, as there is a clear marked public footpath to the village, it is called the "Doddington circular walk", means you can walk to the village without having to walk on the half mile section of road, without a footpath.
jeanette1...
Bonnyrigg, United Kingdom
“Idyllic getaway”
Reviewed 14 October 2018 for a stay in September 2018

Best place to go with dogs. Clean spacious lodge. Quiet and peaceful. Friendly staff. Beautiful walks.lovely village. Lodge has all mod cons. Hot tub excellent and relaxing. This was 2nd visit and already planning next years. Best dog friendly area.

Date of stay: September 2018
14 Oct 2018
Thank you for leaving a lovely review, see you next year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing