“Very Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Uddingston B&B and Inns
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

First of all, a table of 5 were squeezed into a small table when there were plenty other bigger tables available. We ordered our starters and 30 minutes later they arrived, along with one of our main courses- mussels- which was obviously returned. One of the starters was chicken pakora, but to our surprise contained haggis too. The mains arrived shortly after and 4 out the 5 were nice but the mussels this time were stone cold and probably half the amount that arrived for starter. These were returned and as my party were half way through a 'chiabatta' was ordered for quickness which lived up to the standards I had already experienced but I could not 'complain' about 3 items.
I never like to return food but I have not experienced anything like this before so unfortunately had no option.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laudo8
siobhanedwards, Public Relations Manager at Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your unsatisfactory visit to Angels Hotel. We would like to investigate this matter further and would appreciate it if you could get in touch with us directly on 01698 812106 or our email is info@lisini.co.uk and thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

A group of 7 of us went to Angels for my brothers birthday dinner. The service was great and the food was lovely.

It was a good night and the atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable.

I would recommend Angels however not for a romantic dinner as there is music playing and a lively atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JoanneO1986
siobhanedwards, Public Relations Manager at Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent visit to Angels. We are delighted you chose us for your brothers birthday celebrations and are so thrilled that our service was great and food was lovely. We hope to see you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

On arrival, I was delighted to have to clean my own table, I did point out to the staff that the table was filthy and had the previous customers glasses on, and was overjoyed to be handed a large paper towel so I may have the chance to clean up the mess myself. This was particularly enjoyable on a Saturday afternoon having worked hard all week, as when you go for a family lunch, cleaning your own table is exactly what you are after.
We then ordered 5 meals, my elderly father wanted two starters opposed to one meal, we asked for this to be served with the rest of the mains, we made this request twice and were assured this would be no problem. You can imagine our delight when my fathers starters arrived alone... No further meals were to be seen. My Mother asked the charming bar staff where the other meals were, they had no idea! fair enough, the order could be considered confusing if we had ordered in any language other then English. When the meals did arrive, my joy was compounded by the greasy lumps on my salad which I thought were perhaps the contents of the chip pan but were instead the "crispy croutons" advertised. Once again a fantastic embellishment one could only dream of! When we approached the bar staff to advise that this experience was beyond our wildest dreams and that perhaps some reduction in the bill may be in order- they laughed! What joy!
So if you want to work a bit harder on your day off and have your requests ignored and then clog a coronary artery with "crispy croutons" then Angels is the place for you!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LInda_C_1980
siobhanedwards, Public Relations Manager at Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your unsatisfactory visit to Angels Hotel. We were very disappointed to hear about your most recent visit and obviously there are some concerning factors raised here. We would like to investigate this matter further and would appreciate it if you could get in touch with us directly on 01698 812106 or our email is info@lisini.co.uk and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had an excellent lunch and great value for money at angels in uddingdton. This was great value for money and the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent especially from david he went out his way to make it a lovely afternoon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
siobhanedwards, Public Relations Manager at Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of Angels we are delighted you enjoyed lunch at our venue. We have passed your great comments onto our staff especially David and we look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch as one of the families favourite restaurants. Food excellent as always. Great lunch and pre theatre menus available. Thoroughly recommend to all.

I have tried many things and from all my visits no one in my parties had ever had a complaint.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dundeelassi
siobhanedwards, Public Relations Manager at Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We are delighted that Angels is one of your families favourite restaurants to visit. Thank you for your great comments on our food and menus we really appreciate them. We hope to see you all again soon.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Came here with a few friends on spur of the moment, was pleasantly surprised. Shared a maxi platter then I opted for chicken and mushroom pasta, simply scummy, my friends had king prawn pasta, meatball ciabatta. Portions huge , well worth the money. Very busy place, will book next time. Staff seemed stressed and overworked, took awhile for drinks to arrive. Will be back and recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your recent review of Angels. We are so happy that everyone in your party enjoyed their meals and we do recommend booking in advance as we are a busy restaurant. We have taken on board your comments about your drinks taking a while to arrive this has been a training issue which has now been rectified. We look forward to your next visit.
Glasgoe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I always have a lovely meal at Angels. I'm a semi regular customer who usually eats there at weekends for their 2 for £10 breakfasts.

On arrival I'm greeted by familiar faces and seated very quickly. My usual is the full breakfast which consists of bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, tomato, beans, toast and tea. The portions are of a good size and I've never left hungry or disappointed. The staff are always pleasant to me and are very attentive. I'm always asked if I'm satisfied with my food. Any requests for more toast or tea are usually dealt with within minutes. If I had to complain about anything, I would say that some of the tables are a bit small and can get quite cramped when all the food is served. This is a minor inconvenience to an otherwise pleasant morning.

I always enjoy my time at Angels. In my experience, it's a warm, inviting atmosphere, with friendly staff and great food, and will continue to eat there until the breakfasts get the better of me!

• Stayed February 2014
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
siobhanedwards, Public Relations Manager at Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
We are delighted that you visit us for breakfast on a regular basis and that its always a lovely meal. We have passed your great feedback onto all our staff and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uddingston
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
The Alona Hotel
The Alona Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell
Premier Inn Glasgow (Bellshill) Hotel

Been to Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!