“Looks rough but good food”
Review of Pir Palace

Pir Palace
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Uddingston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is not a glamorous restaurant, in fact first opinions are not good. However 5 of us went here for a meal and found the food was far superior to the way it looked. Close your eyes and you will enjoy your meal.

There are newer reviews for Pir Palace

Reviewed 16 July 2014

i went to the pir palace 2 weeks ago with my other half, I have never been much of a fan of indian food to be honest, When we pulled up outside the place I really didnt think much of it. When we walked in the lady couldnt have been more welcoming! So friendly and chatty but knew when to leave you to enjoy your meal! He has been alot in the past so knew what to have. To start we had vegtable pakora and the batterd onion things (whatever there called), popadoms and spiced onions!! I couldnt get it in my mouth quick enough ! wasnt long untill it was gone and our mains came out! He ordered his favourite the chicken tikki, which just looked pure quality! I had a chicken chasni, which I couldnt have enjoyed more! after all those starters we were feeling pretty full! I couldnt stop though! was to good to waste! Highly recommend this place ! FANTASTIC! I cant wait to go back !

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Once you've been to the Pir Palace for a curry you'll never go anywhere else. The food is excellent, plenty of choice and they are happy to alter the dishes to taste. The portions are generous and the nan bread is the best I've ever tried.

The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

The decor is a bit dated but the food is to die for.

On the rare occasions we go elsewhere for a curry we always end up saying 'not as good as a Pir'

Reviewed 7 July 2014

When we went at the weekend, there was no buffet, but, as an alternative to the a la carte menu, there was a fixed-price menu with limited choice.

We chose from the fixed price menu and the food was excellent.

It seemed more authentic than most Indian restaurants where your food is blended and is often the same regardless of what you order.

The food was superb but it was reasonably priced.

The service was very homely and friendly and very commendable. The lady that served us was very, very helpful with the menu and explained the dishes, etc.

I'm not from the area but I will be back some time to sample their gourmet night or one of their buffet nights to sample more choice.

Just ignore the decor though as it's a bit basic-looking, but in fairness, there were pictures all stacked-up and it looked as though they may in mid-decoration, but who cares, I was there for the food, which I don't think will disappoint you.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had the buffet here one night. Everything your looking for in a Indian, some really tasty curries and good value for money!

Will be back.