“Not quite sure what it is yet, mixed feelings !”

Jollytots & Cookies
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Uddingston
Description: Jollytots & Cookies is a wonderful unique Family Cafe and Party venue in Uddingston. Very different from typical soft play venues, Jollytots & Cookies provides a fun environment for little children with its range of wooden play structures from Pirate Ship to Fire Station. Adults can enjoy a lovely coffee with their cake or enjoy a hearty lunch from the trendy menu. Not a chip in sight! The emphasis is on decent quality fare at affordable prices. One customer complimented the owner on bringing "The West End of Glasgow to Lanarkshire!"
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Arrived for a play date with a friend and our two 16month old toddlers. First thing we were told was that our buggys had to be left outside by the entrance, this is difficult with the amount of stuff you have to bring for babies ! However, buggys parked we decided to order food. the kids meals where 3.95 and consisted of a sandwich, crisps, a cookie (which we had to ask staff for twice as it was not brought to our table) and a juice. The kids meal deal was fine but the juice came in a glass bottle which I cannot understand ! I do not see how this is appropriate for children, there was a plastic cup provided but after seeing the bottle my son only wanted to drink from the little glass bottle. We also ordered food for ourselves which I have to say was fantastic! it is a little more than you would normally pay at a kids cafe for lunch but I didn't grudge it as I enjoyed it. We did have to wait 25mins for our coffees which was a long wait however it is a newly opened cafe so hopefully this will be shortened in the near future.
The play area is good but I found a lot of the adults were not supervising their kids and they were just running riot which was a bit dangerous for the smaller ones.
There is certainly a niche in the market for child friendly cafe in Uddingston and I am sure it has the potential to do very well.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

For months I had been watching the progress of this cafe on Facebook and making my first trip on Thursday did not disappoint.

I went with my daughter (age 4), niece (age 9) and nephew (age 3) they had an absolutely fantastic time. The play area is something so different from the typical soft play areas. The toy areas have themes - shop, house, dress up area and a sensory room. The toys are of great quality and it was great to see the kids running round the cafe in the dress-up clothes.

The food was great, although my 9 year old niece wasn't keen on pasta being on the same plate as fruit, but it's not much of a complaint.

I'm already planning my next trip

1  Thank Charlene W
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I really enjoyed my trip to Jollytots and cookies. The restaurant is lovely with an adult feel. The coffee is without a doubt, the best!!. I can highly recommend the floating latte sand stunning smoothies. The children's play area is amazing,interactive, bright and colourful.Its like being in the best toy shop ever and your allowed to touch and play with everything. Made me want to be a child again.oh, and my 3yr old niece also had a fantastic time.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a wonderful visit here during it's first week open. The facilities for children are most impressive. Grandma, mummy and three children under 5 visited. Grandma and mummy got to enjoy a lovely cuppa and cake in peace while the children played for ages! They weren't even bothered about coming to try the delicious Equis icecream for fear of being taken home after! The toys are beautiful, wooden and retro and allow the kids to creatively play. My boys particularly enjoyed the fire engines and playing shop, especially putting all the items in the little bags! There was a good range of food and staff even nipped next door for some plain green teabags which was much appreciated! My only suggestion would be having slightly reduced prices off peak. Although a great experience for all, the play area is a significant added expense with two or three kids for a midweek coffee. On the whole a wonderful venue, lovely and friendly staff, good food and fabulous toys. Wishing jollytots all the best and look forward to visiting again soon!

1  Thank Alpresto84
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Went along a few weeks ago, my partner and I had lovely vanilla milkshakes. Unfortunately my little girl is too young to play however, I'm sure she will enjoy it when she's a little older. Had a look around a would be very exciting for kiddies