All reviews cool box log burner national trust extra blankets toasting marshmallows everything you could possibly need toilet shower great weekend home comforts be booking again short walk night break car park gibside estate strawberry castle low ropes kitchen block
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from our first visit to West Wood Yurts, and it certainly won't be our last. We had an amazing time and were very impressed with the facilities and the excellent standard of accomodation.
The location is idilic, and for anyone wanting to get away from it all as we did, it's ideal.
If you've never fancied camping, but feel like getting back to nature, this is the best of both. The beds, log burning stove, and toilet/shower block, make it the perfect balance to allow you to enjoy the simpler life, but not feel too removed from home comforts.
We would thoroughly recommend West Wood Yurts to everyone - families, couples, or solo vacationers. 10 out of 10.

Room tip: All the rooms seem to offer the same quality, but if you need something special, just give them a call as they seem more than happy to help with anything you need.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a great break. It was the first time that we had taken the kids camping (11, 8, 5). The campsite is very safe and the yurts have everything that you need, all we brought were sleeping bags and food. The kids absolutely loved it and it was great to have some time where they could play outside and explore the area without the distraction of TV etc. We stayed for a 4 night mid week break and it was great value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stopped here Monday to Friday in April and as I have never camped before I wasn't really looking forward to the break which was booked by my husband. We travelled from Nottinghamshire with our two young children aged 8 and 5 and was met at the site by Alistair who was very welcoming and showed us around the camp and also our yurt. I must say as soon as we had settled into the yurt there really was no need for me to feel uneasy about the break as the yurts are well equipped with everything you could possibly need, you could really just turn up with your clothes, sleeping bags and food, as all cooking utensils and crockery are provided along with a gas stove, BBQ, outdoor seating area and even a chiller unit with ice packs to store your food. Our children were able to play outside around the camp safely as no cars have access to the camp (although you are able to take the car down for loading and unloading on arrival and leaving days). As the camp is surrounded by open fields with sheep and lambs my eldest daughter was in her element as she would often visit the lambs and we were also lucky enough to go upto the cattle shed and see a calf just minutes after it was born on Tuesday afternoon and we sat for just a little under an hour to catch a glimpse of the calf taking its first steps which was just magical for the children. I can confidently say that I have been converted to glamping and would definitely stay here again and I would recommend this site to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Went for a couple of nights this week - despite the weather- it was an excellent start to spring. Few beers and a few steaks made for a very relaxing break at the Yurts. Good walks through the parkland too. I would highly recommend a stay here.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a large yurt on July 22nd for 2 nights. First impressions were very good, we were met by a lovely young lady who showed us to our yurt and explained everything to us. Plenty of safe space for my children 6,4 and 2 to play independently. The showers and toilets were very clean however as the days went by the got grubby and by the wed morning they were rather dirty (toilets) there was a problem with the ice pack delivery on the tues and no one received any, we found out the following day they had been a problem with the freezer, luckily we didn't have a great deal in the cool box, which might I add is huge and the things we did stayed cool enough anyway although I had added my own packs in on arrival. The yurts are very warm without lighting the fire and made for a very comfortable night, I was very impressed! The facilities within the yurt were perfect, having everything u needed. The gibside estate is beautiful and the strawberry castle playarea was well loved by my children although it is a good hike up and down bank to get there. Overall we enjoyed our stay despite the few niggles the happy memories definately out weighed these. My children had so much fun and enjoyed the freedom the yurts and safe area provided. I would Definatly reccomend a stay here! Thank you west wood yurts for some wonderful memories :)

Date of stay: July 2013