I decided to book a room at Guys last minute on Sunday night for a stay on Monday night and the website for booking was more than helpful and the room was booked easily. We decided we wouldn't be in the room much so we just booked a standard room at £60 a night. We traveled from Blackpool and it was extremely easy to find and park my car which is always great. We checked into our room without any bother and arrived. I discovered my boyfriend had rang up in advance to add some wine and chocolates to our room which was a lovely surprise and he said the reception staff were really helpful when he rang up last minute for it to be arranged.
The room was great but we wished we had upgraded to the double deluxe room for the wet room and jacuzzi benefits. We checked out the next morning after a good nights sleep in an extremely comfy bed, packed the car and went for a tour around the area and down the canal, it was 21 degrees so it was a beautiful day. Upon deciding we wanted a drink we made our minds up that we would stay an extra night and this time, get the double deluxe room. The staff were extremely helpful yet again and it was the best decision ever. We spent the night in the jacuzzi watching the television in the wall next to it and loving the surround sound in the wet room.
It was an absolutely beautiful, I cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel
- Guy's Thatched Hamlet Bilsborrow, Lancashire