We frequently visit this hotel and have done so over many years. They yearly have many special events weekends to suit every one. Many of the main staff have remained with the organization for a lot of years and always greet you as a returning customer. The service is excellent and its location by the Lancaster canal is such a bonus to young and old alike. The kitchen wherever possible will hand out goody bags to children to feed the ducks and swans and other species of wildfowl. The food in both 'Owd Nell's' and the main restaurant suits everyone and many tastes are catered for. The main restaurant is mainly Italian with delicious flavours and some staff hail from Italy too. Accommodation is spacious and comfortable and improvements are 'work in progress. Other facilities on site include a full size cricket pitch and crown green bowls where being a spectator can pass many pleasant moments. The whole hamlet is hub to many local visitors who obviously enjoy the attraction and services on offer. Close by in Bilsborrow is Barton grange garden centre which has been voted the best establishment of its type in the UK and I would entirely agree with that, there is something to interest everyone who visits with a beautiful spacious café and restaurant if you wish too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel
- Guy's Thatched Hamlet Bilsborrow, Lancashire