All reviewsspa bathexecutive roomsunday saverlancaster canalowd nellscanal sidemain restaurantbirthday treatvisited guyswalk in showergreat nightguys restaurantthatched hamletbar areafood was lovelyevening mealcar park
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Just a note to say that we took Emily to Bubble and Bounce at Guys. We were in the first cohort at 11am and it seemed there was not limit on the amount of kids and parents being allowed in. In our opinion it was chaos and truly overcrowded.

Emily went on the biggest bouncy castle slide and we were immediately concerned that the numbers being allowed on the slide were far in excess of the safe working capacity (not a geek but the number is printed on all commercial bouncy castles which also includes the unique serial number and annual inspection date and certification).

5, 6, 7 kids of all sizes were literally throwing themselves off the top at the same time. Emily jumped to go down but the recoil from so many others threw her up, she came down face first and her legs came backwards over her head the sight made me and Sharon feel physically sick and it looked as if she could be seriously injured. She bounced out of control to the bottom and we ran to help. She was 'OK' but was crying, couldn't speak and petrified. She was to leave immediately. She has hardly spoken all day. Needless to say nothing was said by the ride supervisor and kids kept on doing what they where doing.

Just a word of caution ALL bouncy structures have a safe working capacity. Slides are designed to be used as slides and not bouncy castles on a steep incline - the superignorer should have been controlling this. It is legal requirement to adhere to this number and the event controller has a legal duty to ensure employees are trained and competent to supervise in accordance with this legal duty. In my mind either the supervisor was trained but acted incompetently or wasn't adequately trained and was not competent. Either way is could have almost certainly led to a RIDDOR.

On the way home an ambulance with lights and sirens was heading in the direction of Guys. I hope and pray it wasn't a child. Sorry if this sounds like a rant but there are laws designed to protect everyone from reckless abuse for price. Take care with your kids if you're visiting.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank Ian F
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

What an impressive place. I took my nephews to the bubble and bounce event which they loved. Parking was packed but could not have been managed any better. I parked on the road to save myself the stress of the car park. We waited 15 minutes as you are let in on the hour and have 45 mins play. Grounds are impressive and gutted we did not book for food as it was heaving. Staff were very accommodating helping other customers it appeared who had been last minute booking a table and seemed very please with the service. The complex has little shops. .. had a small band playing and a canal at the side. I am back next year for sure but before then im coming back for tea and walk down that canal! Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank EmmaH1986
Reviewed 26 May 2015

My friend and I had lunch here last week. Guys is a very pretty looking establishment on the banks of the canal We had reserved a table which was just as well as the restaurant was very busy. We chose the two course lunch special, the food was only average, however the service was very good.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen p
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Both me and my partner stayed over Monday 11th May for one evening just to get away and relax, we had a lovely room, bar staff was so nice and the lady serving breakfast was hilarious, we had really enjoyed our stay. We had booked a late checkout therefore didn't need to leave the room till 12pm. UNFORTUNATELY, at 11.50am we had someone trying to get in our room and start banging on the door, I opened it wearing my shoes and coat with my suitcases packed clearly behind me, and said 'hi, we'll only be 5 minutes' and this VERY AGGRESSIVE LADY with blonde hair shouted back at me 'No you wont, you will get out here now, not 5 minutes now, I have work men waiting to get in here and your slowing us down, you shouldn't even be here!' I told her that I had booked a late check out were she repeatedly replied 'No you havent!!' so I advised her to go ring reception and speak to them because I had. She then stormed off saying fine she will. This lady was very abrupt very rude and this obviously really upset me, I then went straight to reception to tell them what had happened and all she said was 'erm and err' and eventually asked me if I would like to WAIT to speak to the manager, at this point I was so worked up and just wanted to go home, she clearly didn't no how to handle a customers complaint and was fairly useless. So as soon as I came home I wrote an email to Nell's using there feed back and comment page on their website, wanting to know if they found it acceptable for their member of staff to yell at a customer, especially when she had no reason to and the issue was lack of communication and organisation between the staff! UNFORTUNATELY no one replied to my email and clearly dismissed the situation believing that it is fine for employees to intimidate there guests.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
8  Thank milliewo
Reviewed 26 May 2015

A disappointing stay. We've stayed several times and the rooms are nice but not appealing when you walk in and there's cobwebs hanging round the door and inside. We had a meal in the restaurant with ridiculous inflated prices - 8.50 for a sliced beef tomatoes and a blob of cheese, and the mussels tasted overcooked. We had a table booked at eight and we're given a pager. Others just walked in and had not booked. Some people who came in after we got seated were served before us and it took forever to get a glass of water!!! The restaurant extractor fan outside our room didn't help.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple