All reviews spa bath executive room sunday saver lancaster canal canal side owd nells main restaurant birthday treat walk in shower guys restaurant great night cider festival be visiting again bar area evening meal food was lovely car park
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I decided me and my partner would stay here for our anniversary as I'd been here previously and enjoyed it. It didn't disappoint. The rooms are slightly dated and could use a lick of paint, but in fairness it adds to the quirkiness that is Guys Thatched Hamlet. We stayed on a Tuesday night, which worked out cheaper.

We ate out at Guy's Italian and had the 50/50 menu. The meals were delicious. We had Started, Main Course and Desert, but only had 1 drink (drinks aren't included in the 50/50 menu) and it came to £33.

We will be making it a yearly event for our anniversary and me and my mum come here yearly as well.

I definitely recommend Guys!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Location beautiful, mostly very accommodating, can cater for most functions, lovely refurbed room so long as not near the giant extractor fan. Breakfast not included !!! But brilliant buffet breakfast available for a reeasonal price if you cannot wait until getting home. Other food a bit hit and miss, and some staff a bit hit and miss.

Room tip: Ask for a refurbed room away from the giant extractor fans. Not that l want one but they do smoking rooms at a reduced price.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Bit of a quirky place. Unusual but quite relaxing. Rooms are large some have a spar bath in the main bedroom. King size beds are comfortable though the pillows were a little thin for my personal taste. Good restaurant reasonably priced food well presented and the fish platter for two was amazing. The main bar has a good selection of beers and again the bar meals are good. Really enjoyed the home made steak and Kidney pudding with chips. The sweets we good value too. Situated just north of Preston alongside the Lancaster Canal there is plenty of walking and Blackpool is just 11 miles away.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Very much enjoyed our visit to this quirky place. Cheese pie is more than worth the money!
Only downside is having to wait and wait and wait and wait for dessert, as it seems that the waiting staff cover the dessert station too and they're already running around like nutters.
They missed out on the extra sales there so I won't mark them down, 4 cornettos from the local shop did the trick!

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Not to be confused with ANY other part of Guy's the Itslian Restsurant is superb and offers n amazing deal at two courses for £7.95 which just CANNOT be beaten for quality either We have been visiting for many years and it's always great
Don't miss this place out if you are in the area, it's fantastic
Well done to all at Guys for keeping it good and great value

Trip type: Travelled with friends