Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Brambletye Hotel(Forest Row)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,232 results
All reviewsrace courserace tracktwo double bedsrace meetingbalcony overlookingracecourse viewbreathe spaspa facilitieslovely hotelhotel barsuperior roomrelaxation roomsteam roomreception staffpoached eggsspa breakafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel was totally horrible my husband is a marriott platinum member and on arrival we were asked what drink we would like the kids cose j2o on reaching our room we received a phone call to say they had none little did we know this was start of things to come we were sent 1 glass of lemonade between 2 kids. We were told we could only eat at 830 after a 300 mile journey we were starving but waited until then .On arrival at the restaurant we were given a menu it was very poor offering about 5/6 starters and main courses we were told there was no cesar salad 1 portion of ribs and the sirloin steak was a rib eye.My husband asked to speak to the duty manager however he wasn't there Next morning had the worst scrambled egg ever far too much milk yuk.On reaching our room we were told there were NO fresh towels . Needless to say we ate out that night beautiful meal at Zizzi in Royal Tunbridge Wells. We decided to have a drink at the bar on our return my husband ordered a draught larger and guess what they had NONE it had ran out we could only laugh.We did complain to the management and received a discount but it was too little too late.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle I
Lingfield Park R, Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you very much for your valued comments. We really appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced when you stayed with us. Please acept my sincere apologies.

Rest be assured that all the issued you will be addressed with the Team here at Lingfield Park.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

For a future visit, please feel free to contact me and i will arrange this for you.

Kindest regards
Hutch Chizyuka

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Went for a spa day with my mother to Breathe Spa at Lingfield Park. We booked an amazon local package which included two 25min treatments each, full use of the facilities and a glass of bubbly. The pool was nice and warm and relatively uncrowded, although I believe it got busier after 3pm once children were allowed in. We also enjoyed the relaxation room and made use of the gym, which was completely empty. We got some food in the bar with our glasses of bubbly which was excellent and the bar has a wonderful view over the racecourse. Our treatments were fantastic - we each had a back, neck and shoulder massage and a facial.

Only downside was that we found booking really difficult - depending on which number you ring you get caught in a different automated loop, and the line for the spa has no 'hold' function so if no one picks up it goes to voicemail and then you have to start back at the beginning. However, once we got there we had a lovely, relaxing day out together.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannah D
Lingfield Park R, Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Spa experience with us and the use of our facilities. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely
The Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 31 August 2014

It hurts me to say, there was one staff member that made this score I gave really difficult to justify. (receptionist who checked us in - 30th August/1pm shift)

However,

1. The first room we were checked into was not clean, the chair was threadbare, the bed was not made properly, tooth paste staines in the bathroom on the side, and the mirrors and the tables were dusty.

2. The bar staff: Have no idea how to make a cocktail or how to be team players. One lady wouldn't help us with ordering nuts (a simple task you would think), because we had ordered our drinks from another incredibly slow and disappointing bar staff member. It's not acceptable for a bar keeper to look at the menu to figure out how to make the cocktail ordered especially when he suggested it.

3. The restaurant: We sat down and ordered a small glass of red wine and a Heineken beer. We were given a large glass of red wine in a white wine glass (the lady felt the small glass was not big enough when questioned). The Heineken beer was not available (ran out) so the waitress (again) made an executive decision to give me a Fosters without asking - she felt this was the next best thing in her opinion! She smiled and left the table quickly.

We ordered the food from a staff member that was clearly inexperienced and had not been trained. We asked her a basic question on the preparation of the beef dish which she couldn't answer and she also did not even attempt to investigate just looked very nervous. We gave up and ordered slow cooked beef with changed the creamed potatoes to chips. The chips arrived 5 minutes before the main meal and were placed on our placement as if it was our main (we were also asked if we required ketchup with the chips). We were a little shocked here....The main arrived five minutes later and it was of good quality.

We moved back onto the bar for a nightcap....

4. The Bar (again): We ordered hot chocolate with a shot of Amaretto on the side as we thought it would be too complicated for them to place it into the drink (based on our previous experience). 15 minutes later the drinks arrive with a ridiculous amount of whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate. The menu did not indicate it came with cream so we were surprised...but they did however rectify very quickly and nicely.

5. Breakfast: No proper checking in to the breakfast area. Only because we were honest upon check out that we were actually charged. Please note that this was a self-service breakfast. Again, when it came to staffing this was disappointing e.g. my plate was taken away from me by a staff member without checking if I actually finished. I hadn't ..... On a good note, breakfast was enjoyable, had a nice selection, omelettes fabulous and nice surroundings.

Overall, the hotel has amazing potential especially as part of an amazing golf course with great coaching facilities. The problems are down to poor staffing at the hotel and training, this is something the management of the hotel should take full responsibility of and quickly rectify. As a frequent guest of JW Marriot I'm surprised it is allowed to use their franchise name.

Room Tip: either race course or golf course view - no adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CKPleiser

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued custom. We are very sorry to hear the above stated comments.

We will of course investigate the issues faced and ensure that they are addressed immediately.

Your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for choosing Lingfield park, we hope you will return in the near future and experience a much more enjoyable stay.

The Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Standard Marriott hotel,food offerings seem to be same nationwide which is a bit disappointing,disappointed with service staff as no soap in room when arrived and still no replenishment of soap or sugar when I left after two nights and reception was informed at 0630 the next morning of this dilemma

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Lingfield Park R, General Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel and Resort. We appreciate your comments and will do our best to rectify the issues you experienced with our housekeeping team immediately.

We are glad to see you enjoyed the races and our beautiful grounds. We have the pleasure of hosting some fabulous racing fixtures here at the resort, we hope you will return for some of our future events.

We thank you for your valued custom,

Hutch Chizyuka
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriot in Lingfield for one night for our 1st wedding anniversary. We booked a package with them that included a one night stay in a deluxe room which included a two course lunch, breakfast & one 75 minute spa treatment each. I requested early check in & out (usual check in time is 3pm). When we arrived at 2.15pm we were told the room was not ready yet & it will be ready in about an hour. The lady also said the latest we could check out would be 1pm (usually 12pm) as they were apparently fully booked. We were told at the bar that they were short staffed and also said the restaurant will be offering a reduced menu for dinner. We had a drink at the bar & went back to reception at 3pm, the room was still not ready & we were told to wait in the bar and we would be called in 10 minutes. 20 minutes later we were told our room was ready. The room (116) was lovely with a nice view. There was an iron, ironing board, hairdryer, safe & a fridge in the room. There was hair on the bathroom floor and the bath had not been cleaned properly, this is my only complaint regarding the room.
The hotel has a small basic gym- the heaviest free weights are just 20kg!! Hotel has a small steam room, sauna & jacuzzi- each will hold around 6-9 people. The pool is 1.2 meters deep.
In the afternoon we requested the (reduced) dinner menu. When I tried to book a table at reception for dinner I was told it was fully booked. I asked if we could order food to take away, she said yes, but when I thought about it- why should we eat dinner in our room on the bed for our anniversary?! Me & my husband we're quite annoyed so we went down to speak to a manager. I explained the full story from arrival and the reason we were there. He apologised & agreed he would get us a table at 9pm, we wanted to eat around 7.30pm, but excepted the 9pm table. He also offered us snacks, wine or bubble, but we declined as we had all of those things in our room.
I suggested maybe complimentary dinner or a discount- he offered 30% off our dinner bill. We went down for dinner at 9pm, there were just 7 tables occupied (fully booked I think not!!) The waiter was obviously expecting us & seated us immediately. We were then given two glasses of champagne we did not order these, the waiter said they were on the house. My Husband chose ribs for his main & I had the sea bass, which was nice, but the rice noodles it was served with were soggy & over cooked. When we were given the bill the discount was not applied so I pointed the lady in the direction of the manager. The amended bill was brought back. We were then asked to pay at reception as the card machine was not working. The lady who took the payment was the same lady who told me that the restaurant was 'fully booked' I decided to confront her on this, she looked embarrassed & said "well it was fully booked on the sheet" (fully booked I think not!!)
Breakfast was lovely it was self service. On offer was....scrambled eggs, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, hash browns, tomatoes & beans. Fruit, cereal & toast is also available as is tea, coffee & a good selection of fruit juice, although this was not chilled.
We had our treatments the next morning. The room was clean & comfortable. When the lady stopped & asked how it was I asked if 75 minutes had passed already, she said she didn't realise that is what I booked so she went away & checked, there was confusion with the booking... She continued for a further 20 minutes. The full body, scalp & face massage was great. We used the steam room, sauna, pool & jacuzzi.
Lunch was ok (pre- ordered the day before) My Husband had the caesar salad & I had a pasta dish with mushrooms.
We did get a later check out of 2pm.

Our overall opinion of the hotel is it was not as special as we thought it would be. Some of the staff never had a clue and seemed as if they had started the job that day, maybe because management had moved staff around due to being under staffed?! I don't know.

Would we stay there again?
Only if we were going for a race day (which is a great atmosphere, went in 2013) with a group of friends. So not if it was a special occasion or we would possibly stay a taxi ride away at the Felbridge were I stayed for my hen night in 2013.
If the Manager had not sorted dinner for us we would definitely not go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sabrina G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

We sincerley apologise for the issues raised. We will of course investigate the points you have made and ensure that they are addressed immediately.

We really appreciate your valued custom and choosing Lingfield Park Resort.

We trust you will return in the near future for a much more enjoyable stay.

Hotel Management Team