“Better than it looks”

Ranked #15 of 25 Restaurants in Lingfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I popped in here one lunch time because we fancied proper pub grub not the commercial tat they were serving up the road in the chain pub.
Lots of choice on the menu.
I opted for the chicken in breadcrumbs with lettuce and mayo in a baguette. My friend just wanted a salad but there wasn't any on the menu.
We asked the delightful and welcoming barmaid and she said no problem. What would you like. My friend was most satisfied. He had a ham salad. None of the sliced packet ham you'd expect but proper thick sliced ham off the bone.
Mine also came with chips.
These were to die for. Triple cooked so very crunchy on the outside but so fluffy inside. We both agreed they were the best chips we've ever eaten.
We both took doggy bags home as there was so much on the plates we couldn't eat it all.
Inside the decor was old fashioned and tired looking but perfect for a British village pub.
All in all a very nice experience.
Can't wait to go back for an evening meal as there was a lot of very nice dishes on the menu.
Mussels, swordfish, sea bass to name a few.

There are newer reviews for The Blacksmiths Head

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our second visit to this Pub which is only a couple of miles from home and both times we have been impressed. The pub is basically split in two (although open plan) with a traditional bar area and a more formal dining area, but its the same menu in both. The menu is simple there is a a range of burgers, steaks, and other pretty standard pub fare. However with complimentary olives and bread at the start the dining experience at the Blacksmiths feels immediately superior to your average pub with grub. This was a family outing, Three of us had various burgers while Dad in Law went for the liver, the burgers are home made and very generous. The liver, bacon and mash also looked good! In fact the helping were so generous that we umm'd and ahh'd over pudding. But my sweet tooth was not to be denied and I plumped for the Eton Mess which was superb. All in all good value and a good eating experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely amazing meal, wife and I had the rip eye surf and turf!! Best steak I've ever eaten, water and homemade bread with olives brought to the table free first! Great friendly staff with great food! Perfect !!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a wonderful Sunday lunch! The black eyed pea burger was really yummy!!! Full Sunday roast was was great!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I really can't speak highly enough of the Blacksmiths Head in Lingfield.

Cathy, the landlady, accommodated our party of 29 people for a Friday night dinner at 24hrs notice, after we were let down by a local hotel. It was the eve of our wedding, and their friendly "can do" attitude put us at ease and created the exact kind of relaxed atmosphere we were after for our family and close friends to chill out before our big day.

The chef cooked, and Cathy served, all 29 of us a full 3 course meal, and not a scrap was left - the food was delicious. I had a lovely homemade soup, and a perfectly cooked steak and chips. Others had pate, calamari, fresh fish, burgers, pork belly and pies.

Food and drinks were very reasonably priced, and Cathy even arranged our cabs at the end of the night. Thank you for everything - we will be back!

1  Thank Reigate_Sam