“Poor Service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kantang
Bangkok, Thailand
“Poor Service”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Don't forget your toothbrush because there will be no shop there at the island and if you want to buy one from the resort, it will cost you 600 THB. The only great thing here is the location, peace, beautiful, real nature with wild animal like snake. The price of the hotel doesn't worth paying for. No fresh seafood. YEP!! There will be river fish for you there when you are expecting for some other fish from the ocean. Thai food also doesn't taste anything like one..both for the taste and the color. :/ So better fill your stomach with breakfast cos that is probably the nicest meal of the day. The sink is smelly. I kinda expect more for this price, the staff are not very organized. Me and my mom swear to NEVER go there again..EVER. There are other island that give the same sensation of the view, location..with better resort services, food. etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sangnark

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Switzerland
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Me and my family enjoyed a four-night-stay in beautiful Villa Siam which I suggest to anyone!
The hotel is 40minutes by speedboat away from mainland, the transfers are VERY expensive, but there is acutally not much choice. The hotel structure is for sure the most luxurious on the island but it is not extreme luxury, just perfect. Everything was almost perfect and the staff was outstanding! Always smiling and ready to help! Massage were also amazing and relaxing. The only real problem of this hotel (and big problem as you do not have the choice of where going to eat) was the restaurant, I suppose they do not have a real kitchen but just a microwave and the food didn't respect at all the quality of the hotel and of thai food which is just delicious. At a certain point of our holiday all these things were missing: brownie, whipped cream, cheese, bananas, coconut, and any sort of icecream. I understand we are on an island but it is absolutely unacceptable, we tried to talk with the manager but he didn't really care.. and just smiled at us like he didn't understand one word of what we sayed. This was not the level of what we paid for. The food quality is not the same as on mainland, it had no flavour and as a vegetarian there was not much choice..I also found some PRAWN in my special VEG meal.. and this for me was really not acceptable. I suggest the manager to hire some good thai chef and leave the waiter in the service instead of making them cook...

Room Tip: Villa Siam
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ali T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I went first in 2011 and decided to return for a few nights in late January. Reserved one of the villas (2nd row from beach) but still had clear view to the sea. As I remembered from last visit it had huge and comfy bed and simple elegant furnishings and I love the covered outdoor bathrooms. Only thing that seemed odd was didn't have a closet (did I miss something?). Wasn't a big deal for me as knowing how relaxed the resort and island are I only packet shorts and polo shirts anyway but I imagine if you had a jacket or long dress you'd want a closet. I'm sure if I'd asked the staff would have helped sort it out as I again found them to be very amenable and helpful. I still think the resort wins for location, food, staff, relaxation and atmosphere. Don't go however if you want to party and don't go with the expectation that you are staying in a 5* hotel in London or Singapore. Instead think of it as a place for getting away from it all in a relaxed low-key luxury resort. Will go again next year.

Room Tip: I'd try and avoid the two villas that are closest to reception simply as that is where the most...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank William C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Beautiful here, so much ! my girlfriend she want now to buy bungalow here haha ! our villa so nice, the name Villa Santi, we book with travel agence Andaman Sky, have great holidays with them all over area. You sleep and hear the waves on the beach you wake up the sun on your bed. The sea here have the most fish we see in Thailand. And the Thai people in this one so friendly to us. This you must see, we coming back sure. Bye bye Seven Seas

Room Tip: book as part of island tripping tour with andaman sky
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Milano, Italia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The resort is in Koh Kradan that is 45 min by boat (private transfer) and 45 minute by van from Trang.
It is quite new and very nice although a bit expensive for Thailand and the place. I had spent 4 nights, including nye.
NYE dinner was really too expensive for the place, but the other dinners had been good priced and of good quality.
The island is still wild, just few small resorts. With good weather it seems like a swimming pool with small fishes swimming around you!
Rooms are nice, better to ask for first floor but mine was good as well. You only have to close all curtains not to be seen from outside.
The open air bathroom is quite original unless for mosquitos that can enter the room (and personell put the AC on 17°)
I would suggest the excursion at Koh Mokh (island in front of it) and snorkel at the Emerald cave.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hambrg
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I just returned from Sevenseas Resort, my third visit in 8 years. I love it as much as ever before and it was good to see that the reef, damaged by el Ninio's higher water temperature a few years ago is full of life once more. This last but not least through the care of the owners who planted coral which is thriving in several places along the reef. The variaty of fish one sees makes one believe one swims in an aquarium.

The food is excellent and authentic Thai cuisine. Freshly caught fish and crabs every day.

I took the trouble of reading the many reports on Trip Advisor and find those that are negative not fair. Who does not like Sevenseas has gone to a place he should not have chosen. Sevenseas is a resort on an island to which everything has to be brought by boat from the mainland, be it drinking water, fuel for the gensets, washed bedsheets and towels, all food but fish. Who expects shops, a promenade or kinky massage places and cheap food and drink should not go there, he will be disappointed. Those, however, who really wanto to get away and can afford it will not be disappointed and understand what it means to operate at high standard on a remote island.

Sevenseas will see me again and I am always sad to leave from there.

• Stayed January 2014
Exeter Devon
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We are touring around Thailand in Feb and March, our 8th family holiday to this wonderful country. In november 2013 I booked a room at the Sevenseas through booking.com for our planned stay in march 2014. Booking.com policy was free cancellation, with the hotel reserving the right to charge a deposit 14 days prior to arrival - which was when the free cancellation was valid until, so no problem with that.
However, when I received my credit card statement in November I was shocked to find a charge of over £400 had been taken without my consent, which had incurred further costs of £25 for foreign exchange fees and currency conversions.
I immediately called booking.com, was assured this was not correct, I should not have been charged and that an immediate refund would be made.
Despite the numerous phone calls I have made to booking.com over the last 6 weeks, with never a single one of their promised return calls materialising, I am still waiting on the refund.
The Sevenseas are simply dodging the issue and using delaying tactics such as asking for my personal bank account details in order to refund the money. Clearly with the way they have used my credit card details the last thing I would want them to have are my bank details!
Thankfully Virgin credit cards have been fantastic, holding the full amount with no interest, or I would have really struggled. As a result the refund must go to the same card that was charged, and this would be common and good practice in any case.
Do not trust them. No half decent hotel would behave like this, and as an agent booking.com have shown a total lack of care for their customer.
It may be the most wonderful resort on the island, but we would not be able to stay there in these circumstances. We will still be spending 3 weeks tripping around Kradan, Muk, Ngai and Bulon, but this resort is definitely off the list.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ciarasmummy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kantang
Mook Lamai Resort and Spa
Anantara Si Kao Resort
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
#1 of 8 in Ko Ngai

Been to The Sevenseas Resort? Share your experiences!