“Peaceful place, wonderful food and excellent guide!”

Family Homestay Little Heaven
Ranked #1 of 2 U Thong B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Peaceful place, wonderful food and excellent guide!”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have spent New Year’s evening and other two nights in Homestay Little Heaven. We had a wonderful time there, Klaus and his family make you feel like home and take care about anything you want to do: trekking in a National Park, wonderful waterfalls, visits to impressive temples, riding elephants in Kwai River, and anything you want to do. He is a perfect guide and always willing to help and recommend you the best option even though you will not stay at his place. It was a shame we had such a short time, the place invites you to stay at least for a week.
And what to say about the food?? Just impressive. I was 14 days in total in Thailand and It is difficult to think about a place in which I tasted better food, just delicious.
In conclusion, if you are visiting Kanchanaburi, you look for an authentic and peaceful place with a Thai family environment, wonderful food and a person that perfectly knows the area this is your place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HD80

Business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I found Little Heaven Homestay by chance last year and decided that staying in an authentic Thai home would be a good add on since I was planning to backpack from Vietnam to Thailand.

Following the directions on their website, I took a chance and ventured out of Bangkok on a local bus. Anna was with little Leon when she picked me up and the first thing we did was to go grocery shopping in a local market. It was a fantastic experience, the sights, smells and sounds. We then stopped by a small Thai-Chinese town. Recently, I found out that I'm half Thai-Chinese so I really want to thank Anna for helping me rediscover my roots.

Dinner was a feast fit for a king. After being on the road for two weeks, loneliness was beginning to consume me. I really felt at home at the dinner table with the other guests and Klaus' family. We talked for hours and Klaus has a great sense of humour.

Klaus and Anna are great hosts and will go to lengths to ensure that their guests have a good time. They even accommodated to my dietary restrictions. Language isn't a problem either as both of them speak good English. I wanted to ride to Kanchanaburi, which was approximately 50km away. Klaus gave me a brief on the morning before my mini expedition, showing me places of interest around the area, while Anna gave me their card just in case I got lost.

Watching the sunset over the Thai countryside and the burning of the sugarcane plantation just before harvesting, was breathtaking.

During my three day stay, I could feel that the care they had shown me was genuinely sincere. I'm definitely planning a longer stay. If you're thinking about a short getaway from the fast paced city life, this is the place.

Price:
VERY AFFORDABLE. In fact, it's a bargain. All meals are included.

Rooms:
I stayed two nights in the dorm room. The beds were comfortable and the toilet was pristine.

Breakfast:
It is included in the price. There is homemade jam, German bread, fruits, muesli, cereal, eggs.....The list goes on and on....There's definitely something for everyone.

Activities:
You name it, they have it. Hiking and cycling trips, fishing, river tubing, cooking classes (Anna is a wizard in the Kitchen).

I will be posting my stay in detail on my blog in the near future.
www.travelpod/members/solus.vulpes

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Illyas E

Been to Family Homestay Little Heaven? Share your experiences!