“Great Place”

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

loved the show it isn't sea world Australia but a good entertaining show. Had lunch in the restaurant good value and a nice menu

Visited July 2014
1 Thank PeterR2079

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Divonne-les-Bains, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Children will remember all their life swimming with Dolphins”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arrived at the site on a weekd end. The place was crowed. We were the only foreigners. Very good and professional welcome by the dolphin trainers who took very good care of our 3 children (8, 11 and 12 years old) The first two dolphins were not very much in a mood to play. Even though children swam with the dolphins, the trainers kindly moved them to a second pool with the pink dolphin. They swam again with the dolphin and had great interactions with the animal. I do not really understand negative comments made by the other fellow French tourists. This is a simple, cost conscious Delphinarium, mainly funded by visitors swimming with the animals. It is a great way to discover and interact with Thai people. It is definitively not a Sea World class Delphinarium and frankly this is not what we were looking for. Children left the place with life long memories of their swim with the animal and if that is a way to enable protecting dolphins, we were happy to participate.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Alexandre S
Wrexham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“dont be put off beacuse it looks run down”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

compared to many tourist/sea world type attractions this place looks generally run down.

the dolphin show is poor and less polished compared to some I have seen but again this shouldn't put you off and is easily explained.

the site is off the beaten track of western tourists and therefore caters to mostly local Thais. as such it just doesn't receive the revenue needed to renovate to a high standard and importantly that doesn't seem to be they're reason for being.

it is essentially a dolphin sanctuary for injured dolphins which cant be returned to the wild. they are kept and trained but these are not the powerful bottle nosed dolphins of the type you see in the best shows and therefore their show is significantly more limited

this sites ace is that you can swim and "play" with the dolphins in an open compound area and it is an exceptional experience.

Note that because these dolphins are rescued you don't have the worry of doing a swim with dolphins with a potentially unethical company which is a known concern.

the dolphins here are well looked after

the trainers excellent and english speaking

the swim costs £50 for 1 hour in a group so go mid week and book an early slot (direct with the venue) to maximize your time with the 2 dolphins you engage with

you will not be disappointed I cant rave enough about the experience and I both recommend and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank TRIGAT
Koh Chang, Thailand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings about swimming with the dolphins”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had mixed emotions about this unique activity, and find the review difficult to write.

On the one hand, how amazing is it to "swim with the dolphins"? Surely all of us want to? And while you do swim with first an Irrawaddy dolphin and then a pink bottle nose dolphin, both more unusual than "normal", the trainers also show you how to do tricks with them, which I found rather unnatural, and not what I'd really wanted to do. I could have declined these tricks of course, but I didn't. I'd paid a lot, so was then keen to get my money's worth.

I was the only one doing the swim that day, so I had loads of time and in fact found 1 hour too long. I think the price was very steep at 2,500 baht for swimming, plus 250 baht each to enter the grounds and see the show for both my wife and I. The show was kind of "fun". The audience was mainly to an audience of local school children, but extremely loud and naturally mostly in Thai.

There are changing rooms and lockers to leave your clothes. Don't wear a costume with a zip. Cut your finger and toe nails. And you mustn't have cuts or abrasions when swimming.

The trainers who help and guide you with each of the two dolphins are fantastic. One feels a little nervous to start not knowing what to do, but they help you.

Half way through a number of local school children came to see the dolphins that I was swimming with, and I have to say that I felt a little awkward in the sense that here I was a "rich" foreigner having a ball while they could never have afforded to do this. I felt like inviting somebody to take over from me!

The location is way off the beaten track, but one way get here is to have a private transfer to or from Bangkok to Koh Chang, and then stop off here en route to break the journey. It will cost a little more for the short distance and time, but that makes it doable.

I am glad that I did this, and on balance would probably recommend it to anybody else.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Julian C
Ayuthaya
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“get close to the cute creatures”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My son and I felt the show was not as impressive as at Safari World, but it was still fun and worth watching. The main attraction is you can get close to the dolphins between shows when they are resting/practicing. I had planned to get in and swim with them but my swimsuit had a zipper, which is not allowed because it might scrape and hurt the dolphins. Please be advised, and also trim your fingernails/toenails beforehand if you want to swim with them, and take off your piercings/jewlery. We also enjoyed feeding the giant grouper fish and paddling around in a pedal boat.

Visited April 2013