After spending 8 days there, we have mixed feelings about this place. The grounds are beautiful, and also the bungallows , you can see that a lot of attention was paied to every detail, so this could be a wonderful place to relax and escape from the stress and hassle. It's a pity that some details can spoil the fun, especially if you arrive with high expectations. We had two main issues: the food and the service. When you are the only dining option in kilometers you cannot offer such an in inconsistent service. Each night before going to have dinner we were wondering wich dish to order (as the variety of available options was quite limited) and how they will mess it up this time. Every day there was a missunderstanding and we had to send back food several times. Thai food was not tasty and European food was just a poor imitation. Being under French management, how can they call a big chunk of fried chicken "Cordon bleu" ? Also, breakfast was just a joke for a four stars hotel...Because there was almost nothing, we ordered each morning scrumbled eggs and the result was each time different ! Even the waitress was laughing on that (our guess is that the mess was in the kitchen, not the waitress's fault). Also the coffee is undrinkable...
Another issue was the cleaning staff...their only concern is to protect themselves from the sun, paying no attention to what they do. I noticed that they were throwing away everything they considered unimportant, like food and drinks and other personal small belongings, One morning they entered without my permission and they were so absorbed talking to each other and laughing that they didn't even realised I was in bed.
To make it short, these are the pros:
- nice surroundings
- great pool
- beautiful and clean beach (of course, only in the limits of the hotel)
- free bikes and kayaks
- beautiful bathrooms
- secluded and hassle free
- great massages
and the cons:
- restaurant not at the same level as the hotel
- unprofessional staff
All in all, it's a beautiful place that can be excelent if they manage to improve the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mango Beach Resort combines luxury and service of a 4 Star resort in a peaceful and splendid nature, off the beaten track, conducive to calm and relaxation. Ideally located at the crossroads of main Thailand, Koh Chang Island and Cambodia, the Mango Beach Resort is both an ideal stopover for a luxurious rest and a perfect destination for well-being retreat, enjoying paradisiac beach, gourmet Thai cooking, yoga and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mango Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.