The Chinese Thai family that runs this place manages to make a totally serviceable physical facility into a place at which you don't want to stay due to their total lack of care for paying customers.
+ spotlessly clean
+ good internet after several complaints about lack of wifi coverage
+ reasonable price for good location and kok river view 500 per night
- the male boss, mr "personality" is totally uninterested in customers, even those who speak his native Chinese language as I do
- the female boss, ms "poker face / sourpuss", tried her best to look the other way every time we came back and said hello
- the rest of the staff appear to be disillusioned and unhappy
- restaurant food was overpriced and bland
- the rooms and most of the hotel is dark
- insect problem. Mosquitoes bugs spiders.
Not recommended if you want to experience the normally warm and friendly thai style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget rooms with fans or air-conditions. Thai restaurant onsite. Free WiFi at lobby and restaurant. Some rooms may be able to access WiFi signal. Standard or River View Rooms available. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Thaton Garden Riverside Thailand/Chiang Mai Province - Mae Ai