“If You Need To Rest!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saraphi
Bangkok
“If You Need To Rest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

When decided to go to Chiangmai for a short vacation, my boyfriend and I started browsing internet to see the nice place to stay. We found " Baan Nam Ping" website - It looks great on a website. Judging the place to stay from the website is hard to do but we took a risk. I called them to reserve directly. The staff are very nice and helpful.

After arriving at the airport, we drove around 20-30 mins from the airport. A car is needed there if you want to go around. Baan Nam Ping was located next to the Ping river away from the town. We are VERY IMPRESSED on how the room looks and the atmosphere around the hotel - alot of big trees and beautiful garden. When you are here, you do feel like you are at your friend's vacation home! A good one.

Room is consisted of small kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and quite huge corridor for you to hang out in the afternoon. We love staying there and definitely go back there again when we feel exhausted from working too much!!!!

• Liked — A quiet and relaxing place
  • Disliked — Location - It is quite far from Chiangmai town but I am ok with it.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank BKKTHTraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2007

I got a chance to drop by to see my friends who stayed at Baan Nam Ping. My friends and I had lunch at Baan Nam Ping restaurant. Thai cuisine they offered was great. The village atmosphere was nice. Each cottage was well decorated and set in a verdant garden. I also liked it that I could see the Ping River right close to my eyes. What my friend and I were also impressed with Baan Nam Ping was the intimacy and friendliness that the owner and Baan Nam Ping staffs gave us.

I would recommend Baan Nam Ping to those who are looking for a true hideaway since the village is located in the rural area of Sarapi District which is rather far from the Chiang Mai city (but don’t worry about the distance, the transportation service is also provided here.)

Overall I would say my visit (though it was quite short) to Baan Nam Ping was really enjoyable and memorable and made me want to return there more for my own vacation.

• Liked — I like the Ping River scenery
  • Disliked — proably the distance
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DaDaiSm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraphi
Marndadee Heritage River Village
Tree Space Chiang Mai Resort
Touch Star Resort
Touch Star Resort
#142 of 374 in Chiang Mai

Been to Baannamping Riverside Village? Share your experiences!