Baan Nam Ping Riverside Village
    Great 4.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    Baan Kanok(Hang Dong)
    Excellent 5/5
      Content Villa Chiangmai(Hang Dong)
      • Restaurant
      Baanplaidoi(Chiang Mai)
      Very Good 4/5
      • Pool
      S.K.House(Chiang Mai)
      Average 3/5
        See what travellers are saying:
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 4 September 2013

The 5 of us stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The service from the hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was of a very high standard and we really enjoyed eating in the restaurant. The rooms were great, very clean, comfortable and large with a wonderful verandah. We enjoyed swimming in the pool and kayaking on the river. The hotel is about 20mins from Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
        Steffenfunke, General Manager at Baan Nam Ping Riverside Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Guests, thank you for your Review. It was an pleasure to have you here as our Guests and
        we hope to see you again in Baannamping Riverside Village.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

It took me three hours to find a cab/tuk tuk driver who knew how to get there, and I finally reached the hotel very late at night, very scared by the long trip outside the city in a tuk tuk, and pretty upset by the whole thing. But once there I fell in love with the place. Beautiful cottages in lush gardens, very clean and comfortable, my shower under the trees and filled with petals... so romantic!!! The food was delicious and they went out of their way to make me forget my arrival. Great price, too!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
        Steffenfunke, General Manager at Baan Nam Ping Riverside Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Guest, first of all thank you very much for your Review. It was an pleasure to have you here in Baannamping Riverside Village and we all hope to seee you again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Thirth night on our five day cycle tour through Chang Mai country. First of all, I have to say that the service was very friendly and client friendly. Breakfast and dinner where tasty and plentifull. Our standard room with outside bathroom however was far from practical. Normally we enjoy outside bathrooms, it is something different when its raining all night and you keep getting wet feet when going to the toilet. Shaving in the rain is not so funny either! I' m sure non-standard rooms are far better. My advice : upgrade your room if possible.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. It was nice to have your here as our Guests. We want
        to make a Roof to the outside bathroom, but some of our Customer comes again, always asking for
        this Room, because the love the outside bathroom. As i know you get shown also an other Standard Room but you dont want. Anyhow next time you will get another Room.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed there for 6 days with my family including my 1-year-old babygirl.
        The resort is surrounded by nature but still not so far (30 mins) from the airport. Some may think it's too far from the downtown but I think it's not so far considering that I felt like I was in some very remoted resort because it was so quiet and surrounded by nature.
        We had to cook for the baby because she couldn't eat regular food. They gave us an electric pan and dishes so that we can cook in the room. Anne even gave some cooking oil eventhough I didn't ask for it. Anne and Sub took care of the baby while we eat at the restaurant there so that we can eat comfortably. I didn't ask them to do so, they just did...how kind!!
        They always took care of my family and arranged everything for us. I could have the most relaxing holiday because of the staffs there. I was so touched by their kindness. I've never felt such welcome in other resorts. I definitely want to visit again.
        Thank you so much Anne & Sub !!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
        1  Thank rightnow7
        Steffenfunke, General Manager at Baan Nam Ping Riverside Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

thank nyou for your Review. Also Ann and Sub enjoid to have you and your Family here.
        Everybody had fun. It is nice to hear, that you such a nice time at our Place. We really hope to see you again. Regards from Ann and Sub.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I love this quaint resort with it's riverside bungalows and amazing staff. Keep in mind that you are 18k outside of Chang Mai and will have to go into town via shuttle or taxi. Both are easily arranged and very inexpensive.

I enjoyed being out in the countryside and seeing the creatures that live in the area. There are some bugs and lizards, but nothing that would make me not want to return. (I love lizards). The sound of the birds in the morning and waking up to the river flowing peacefully outside is wonderful and relaxing. The grounds are well kept and the pool is great for a swim in the day after returning from Chang Mai.

Best of all however, are the staff and management. Ann and Toy were wonderful and so incredibly helpful when we needed information. I feel as though they are part of our extended family!

And don't forget the food! The food was delicious and made in a very sanitary kitchen with fresh yummy ingredients. The Thai curries are to die for and the breakfast fried rice is the perfect way to start your day.

I plan on going back to relax and visit with the people there!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the river. I particularly liked the one closest to the river, on the other side of the walkway.
        • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your Review. It was a pleasure to have you her in
        Baannamping Riverside Village and hope to see you again.