“Dreamcatchers the best place to stay in Chiang Mai”
Review of Dreamcatchers B&B

Dreamcatchers B&B
Ranked #1 of 9 Saraphi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We have just come back from Thailand and had amazing time in Chiang Mai and Koh Chang. Dreamcatchers was by far the best place we stayed. Annabel was so helpful and we felt like part of the family. We had a really warm greeting which was the best start to our trip. The place is like a little oasis, we felt like we were living in the jungle with all the comforts of home. Annabel helped arrange so many activities for us to do, which made life really easy. Chiang Mai is a beautiful city with great night life and the shopping was great too. I really can not explain how perfect our stay was at Dreamcatcher and would have no doubts in recommending a stay here to anyone. In fact we were so happy that we talked about it with so many people on our travels that I am sure all our friends will want to stay there next time they visit thailand. My only regret is that I am home now and not enjoying an amazing visit to Thailand.
Whilst we were in Chiang Mai we did a Thai Cookery course, went to the Muay Thai (Thai Boxing), night markets, Temples, trip out to some beautiful waterfalls and plently of nights out. We found the advice given by Dreamcatcher invaluable in making the most of our 5 days in Chiang Mai. Dreamcatchers is a must.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Dreamcatchers B&B

Reviewed 19 April 2010

Warmth in welcome and care to detail in service best describes the resort. The rooms are well done and comfortable, food is done on individual choice and after discussion.
Children are well entertained with great advise on what is to be done for them...
Must comment on the lady and her daughter running the resort - great people, incredible sense of humour !

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The service of the owner and the staff was second to none. Annabel has certainly put a lot of time into thinking about what her customers might want. The food is great - in addition to the obligatory thai cuisine, Annabel is a great (French) cook, and if you crave a hamburger then you will be pleased as well. My wife prefers 5* accomodation, but I like the homey feel of a B&B like Dreamcatchers. She is eventually being swayed by this type of accomodation. Owner is helpful in booking activities.

I marked the accomodation down slightly, because the hot water stopped working for a day and a half which is an issue when you travel with an infant. Had I been backpacking alone, I wouldnt have minded. The location is pretty remote.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Stayed here with my teenage son for about 10 days in early April 2010,. The place is really beautiful, even better than in the pictures and furnished in exquisite taste. Breakfasts were great including treats like home made crunchy muesli (my favourite so I lucked out). Annabel is a wonderful cook and we had the option of eating main meals there too which we often did. Annabel and daughter Sami are very attentive hosts and everything was done to make us feel at home in their home.
The pool and gardens are a real treat, we always ate outside, mostly by the pool with the big elephant waterall. It's wonderfully quiet, so we'd take a quick taxi ride into town, immerse ourselves for a few hours in the city and then retreat back to what felt like home at Dreamcatchers. Added plus was the free 24 hour wifi which made my son very happy. Definitely the place to stay in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We stay in Dreamcatchers on the New Year 2009-2010. It was fantastic! Fill like you live in home. The beautiful spacious room, thai style decoration, big swimming pool, the garden. Delicious breakfast. You can use the kitchen and it was very convenient for us because we were with baby. And Annabel - she is really great hostess with fantastic taste. Hope to come back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I am not a world traveler, but Dreamcatchers is my favorite place of the worlds that I have travelled.

I first visited Dreamcatchers during Feb 2008 and March 2010 is my 2nd trip here.

Dreamcatchers is located just 20 minutes drive away from the heart of Chiang Mai town. The distance makes it a perfect location either to participate in the shopping, dining/ street food, massages, sightseeing etc. that Chiang Mai has to offer, or to get away from anything city like and retreat into the embrace of a natural yet lavish setting that that Annabel has created for herself and her guests.

I just love the greenery around, the gurgling sounds of the canal a few feet away on 3 sides of the site, the chirping sounds of the birds and insects every morning and evening, the coming and going of he cats and dogs, the exquisitely furnished and decorated large rooms and the tranquil mood that evolves in me soon after I get there.

Her staff, Ben and Som Chai are an example of why Thailand is called "The Land of Smiles" :)

Annabel and Sammy are very warm, generous and effervescent personalities and it is quite a treat to have their company around Chiang Mai town as they know exactly what’s happening where and that cuts out the guesswork and the navigating the maze that the heart of Chiang Mai can be.

I just love Dreamcatchers and know I will be back to this little slice of Paradise as often as I can.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2010

This place is a joy. Look at their website and then believe that it is even better when you are there. This may be repetition but Annabel, Samantha and all the team really do their very best for all the guests and all very unobtrusively.

Our deluxe twin room was spacious, beautifully decorated and well-equipped, and very relaxing, well maintained and with good quality linens.

Sometimes we sat in the comfortable communal area in the main house, and it really was like being a houseguest in Annabel's lovely home, which she has designed and furnished herself with both style and taste. Sometimes we enjoyed sitting in the sala by the pool, where there is also plenty of comfortable seating.

Another highlight is the delicious home-cooked food. Annabel is a superb cook and offered the best breakfasts and an excellent choice of menus for lunch and dinner.

We really do hope to go back there and would certainly recommend Dreamcatchers as a place to relax just outside the activity of Chiang Mai and yet within easy reach. And all such excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aandlkch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraphi
Marndadee Heritage River Village
#9 of 777 in Chiang Mai
Nok Resort & Hotel
Nok Resort & Hotel
#6 of 19 in San Sai

Been to Dreamcatchers B&B? Share your experiences!