We went with 4 persons, in a Thailand discovery tour (after BK and CM), and stayed 3 nights in Hot Spring Beach Resort (HSB).
On the first impression, it was gorgeous: huge, awesome decoration, 1 big pool and 2 hot springs. The rooms were spacious, with two queen bed side by side (that's just the Deluxe Room, which is the "cheapest" on a scale of 3).
However, it ended to be a very huge disappointment to us.
* The staff was not knowledgeable: they only pushed for their friends or family. We asked a taxi, a guy came without license or taxi sign on it. We asked for better packages for a day trip to Similan, since the one pushed by the hotel was expensive: they lost their smile and gave us a leaflet, with an even more expensive package in it. When we would call some people, they would stay next to the phone to listen to the conversation.
* The transfer to airport is amazingly expensive. In Bangkok, 40 min ride with luggage in a taxi was around 260 BHT. In HSB, 30 min in the hotel minivan is 1500 BHT.
* We tried to ask the owner directly (a nice looking Thai in her early 40's). She ran away in the back door, without even talking to us or looking at us. I felt more like an annoying patient at hospital than a customer. (Not to mention it was low season, and hotel full around 20% only).
* The rooms were spacious, but the facilities are getting old. Bathroom is spacious too, but in fact not convenient (nothing to put your body shampoo and shampoo - what the *** in a bathroom that's about 400 sqft!)
* There is no direct access to the sea: you need to climb down a ladder at the end of the bridge, swim a little in the small channel in front of the hotel, and you're there.
* The food was okay, even though a bit overpriced (easy to charge high, when you are the only hotel/restaurant/building around. )
* The breakfast was nice.
In all, all of us were really really disappointed to have been treated like that in a so called 5 star resort. If you go there with loads of money in your pocket, and don't mind paying each time they ask you, you may be happy to stay. Else, you should search elsewhere.
I stayed at this Hotel for 16 nights over the Christmas Holidays with my family and my sister's family total 9 persons. We booked this hotel based of the location and the facilities advertised from their website and we didn't disappointed. We had 3 rooms in total next to each other as requested, 2 Sea View and 1 Grand Sea View (612, 613 and 614) in my opinion the BEST rooms of the Hotel regarding the view (see my photos). The Hotel itself is spotlessly clean, but the strong point is the service and the hospitality we receive from the staff and the owner’s daughter Miss Pop (photo attached). From the first moment I e-mailed the Hotel back in June, Joo the reservations manager replied me within a few hours with a complete and a very professional offer which was very competitive to other Hotels in the area. Without thinking a lot we booked the rooms in a very easy procedure.
Upon arrival the Driver of the Hotel Sompong, the BEST driver I ‘ve ever met in my life was at the airport and pick us up with the luxurious minibus of the Hotel. The check in was quick and they give us the rooms immediately.
The Hotel is close to a village called Kokh Kloi and they can drive you anytime during the day to buy things from the minimarket. The Hotel's pool is quite large and there are always sun beds available. The other positive think is that they have a private beach about 2km far from the Hotel and they can drive you there anytime. On that beach there is a beach bar where you can buy drinks or have a snack.
During our stay we went (always with Sompong and his minibus) to many places around for sightseeing and shopping. The cost to hire the minibus for the day is extremely low, for example 3000 Baht (60 euro) for 5-6 hours. So forget the car rental. Trust your driver and let him saw you the beauties of their paradise.. My wife and my sister also went to the Spa and they said that the experience was unique. In the Christmas and New Year's Eve they organized shows with local dancers and all you can eat buffet. We had a lot of fun especially when we lighted up the sky lanterns.
Overall if you looking for a Hotel away from the crowds and the noise in order to relax this is the place for you. The service and the hospitality is by far the best comparing other Hotels we stayed in and we hope one day to return to this small paradise.
Thank you everybody for making this Holiday a memorable and we hope to see you again one day.
God Bless you,
George and the Family from Santorini – Greece