We fell over the Hot Springs Beach Resort by accident as we were following signs to the Geyser. As we were not happy in the hotel we were staying in we just thought we'd ask the price. The approach is via a long drive with palm trees either side leading to a Malay style building in a beautiful garden with ponds, lakes and trees. Looked stunning and out of our budget.We asked the price of a room and were told it was 7800Baht per night, but as soon as we grimaced a bit it was immediately reduced by half. We asked the price then for 4 nights and it went down further. We asked to see a room and were shown one right next to the fabulous pool area. I thought the bathroom was a little shabby (I'm a bathroom freak) and said so. We decided that the pros outweighed the cons and we booked there and then for 4 nights, went back to our previous hotel and checked out. On our return to Hot Springs the manager met us and said we had been upgraded - we sure had! We had the honeymoon villa with its own private walled garden full of tropical plants, 200sq metre room, including a jacuzzi in the bathroom, a beautiful sala and, icing on the cake , our own private swimming pool, sun beds AND an outside rain shower with lovely hot water.
We ate that night in the restaurant and the food was poor - cold and late. Slept like a log, only disturbed by frogs happily froggling away. We loved being able to have a swim before using the garden shower - very exotic, and that's what we're here for after all!
At breakfast the restaurant was overrun by coachloads of Chinese tourists who attacked the buffet like locusts! Breakfast was at best average, no yoghurts or fresh fruit juices and no croissant. One morning they ran out of eggs.
The pool area is gorgeous and the hot spring pool was great for aches and pains and of course, we could slope off to our private oasis! The beach restaurant wasn't open - all being refurbed by a hoard of people dressed like mummies busily sanding down every last bit of wood by hand, and the promenade deck must have been all of 50 metres long. The beach doesn't seem swimmable - very sharp drop-off and the current from the river meeting the tide made for some interesting crosscurrents, but lovely for solitary contemplation as there were only about 6 sunbeds and parasols. We were pleased to have a car there as there's nothing in walking distance and even the town of Khok Kloi isn't exactly buzzing, except on market day, which we missed. We found the staff charming and although they weren't fluent in English they had enough knowledge to get by. Spa prices seemed a bit in the high side and the foot massage price was above a joke!
I'd go again for a couple of nights R&R if no car. With a car I'd stay longer because we felt we were in paradise, a beautiful place to come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beach side resort boasts 75 guestrooms decorated with traditional Thai silk and furnishings and is surrounded by landscaped gardens and hot spring pools. The Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa is located in beautiful Phang Nga province, only a 25-minute drive north from the Phuket International airport. Guests can pamper themselves at one of the four spa pavilions which are surrounded by beautiful gardens and lotus ponds. Or, enjoy the cold and hot spring pools to revitalize the skin, rejuvenate your body and spirit. The on-site restaurants serve a delicious variety of both traditional Thai and Western cuisine. We hope to welcome you soon at The Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotspring Beach Hotel Phang Nga
- Hotspring Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa Thailand/Phang Nga Province - Thai Mueang