“The best place we've stayed in Asia!!”
Review of Khao Sok Palmview

Khao Sok Palmview
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We cannot rate Palmview highly enough. The lovely family owners make you feel so welcome and are so helpful. We loved Mama who was always up for a chat, what a lovely lady! The restaurant area is great, with working WiFi and great food!! The bungalow was clean and comfortable and only a 5 minute walking distance from the national park. We booked a day trip to the lake via Palmview and had a really good day. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The service by Mama and Kong was excellent helping in any way they can. Very attentive and welcoming, they understood what the travellers need during my stay. I had to cancel a tour because I got ill to the weather but they took my cancellation with no negative reactions. It was a pleasant experience knowing a genuine Thai family in a nice place like Khao Sok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It's a quiet place to stay surrounding by palm trees. The staff is very helpful. I booked two tours directly at the front desk and got some discount. The room is clean and tidy but I could feel the spring of the bed when sleeping on it. The food is delicious and at low price thus we had all my meals at the front desk restaurant. The front desk is the only place to have wifi access. Along the 5 min shortcut to the main road, we could see the Durian tree, Mangosteen tree and Rambutan tree that I have never seen before. We love to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Loved this place!!! The best thing about it was the staff. They really go above and beyond to make sure you're comfortable, especially Mama! Mama was always up for a chat. The location is good, nice and quiet. There's a 5 minute shortcut to the main road. The bungalows are very private. Loved our stay here, and we will definitely be back! Thanks Palmview Resort :) From Rum & Anna

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in SE Asia. The facilities were good (and excellent value at 300 THB per night) and the location as well since it was 5 minutes from the village centre and all of the activities/restaurants. But what really made it for me was the staff - so helpful and friendly and they seemed genuinely interested in meeting us and ensuring we had a good time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a great option, we took the superior 4 person cottage, it was very spacious and had hot water. The staff was extremely friendly. The location only a few minutes walk from the park gate and a few minutes walk from the main road.I took the two nights one day tour to the lake, the cave we visited on this trip was great but I felt really rushed by our guide, he told us we would have plenty of time to take pictures inside the cave and take pictures of the really cool spiders and we really didn't. The lake was beautiful, I wish there would of been more kayaks as there was only a few of them in poor condtions, the food on the tour was ok and the raft houses were nice. I really enjoyed the safaris as we saw gibbons, long tail langur, pig tail macaque, long tail macaque, beautiful birds and a tapir. I also booked the canoe trip through this lodge, was really lucky that our boatman was really good at spotting things and took the time to let us take pictures, as others just passed by stuff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It is great here, whilst the resort is a 5 minute walk away from the main round the family will organise trips for you so this does not matter. And if you want to venture out on your own one of the park entrances is only a 10 minute walk away (if you go through the palm trees rather than along the dirt track that the cars use. Mama and papa and their son are lovely and welcoming and very helpful. The jungle huts themselves are basic but fantastic! The little balcony is a lovely place to sit at night.

The only bad point about this place is that the restaurant area is very sparse. The seats aren't comfortable and there's nothing to do apart from eat so as a solo traveller this was a bit disappointing because I found myself at a loose end in the evenings. Other than that it's a lovely place at ridiculously low prices.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phanom
Morning Mist Resort
#5 of 21 in Khao Sok National Park
Khaosok Boutique Camps
Khaosok Boutique Camps
#2 of 21 in Khao Sok National Park

Been to Khao Sok Palmview? Share your experiences!