“Simple....but it is really a resort!”
Review of At Home Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phanom
At Home Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Phanom B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Simple....but it is really a resort!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The last vew days of my vacation in Thailand without planning it, we came to Khao Sok National Park. After searching for a hotel in this Area, finnaly we found At Home Resort. I choosed this hotel because of picture on the website. I need some quiet days before going back home. When I entered this hotel that has a wonderful view, I did really feel that I'm in a resort, no swimming pool or spa but it is a resort. Kindly and helpfull staff. Great food and reasonable price. The room is clean with AC and TV. In the evening you only hear the music of the jungle. It was raining 3 days long during my stay but It was very nice to stay in this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have booked At home resort using agoda, and it is located near Khao Sok national park. We stayed 3 nights in a wooden chalet. These are very cosy, air comditioned and tv equiped. For wifi you need to go to the restaurant. Bathroom has good shower. We stayed during the start of the rainy season, which in this case means 90% rain during day and night. Though we did not spend much time outside in the surroundings. Just enjoyed on the front porch, the natural scenery of sounds and birds, meditate, watched tv and had a delicious meal in the restaurant where a friendly staff welcomed us all the time. We really feld at home in "At Home Resort".

Room Tip: You an choose for a standard (concrete) room, but a wooden chalet was a welcome change for us.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Didn't want to leave.

Very hospitable staff- took our bags straight to our room after we arrived from a long journey.

We did the night safari tour which was fun. We also did the lake tour, long day but enjoyable travelling across the lake and discovering creatures on the jungle walk- your shoes will get wet for sure.

Try the pineapple smoothie and thai pork basil stir fry. Lovely sitting on the deck looking at the view and enjoying the peace and quiet.

The air con in the rooms works a treat which can be rare in thailand.

• Stayed August 2012
Bangkok
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed at "at home resort" for one night last night (9th July) with my boyfriend after a few mix ups at khao sok paradise resort meaning the room we had booked wasn't available. We will be staying there tonight and so review to follow!

The staff are amazing, couldn't be more helpful if they tried. We were greeted by two men who took our bags and carried them straight to our delux cottage. We didn't even need to go through a check in procedure, they were already expecting us.

The rooms are small wooden cottages placed along a decked platform. The view is breathtaking. We had AC, hot water, a TV (that played English films on one channel every now and again) and a comfortable bed. I would say this place would be great for those who like the idea of being close to nature but aren't too keen on being without their comforts. The sounds around the cottage could have been playing from a relaxation CD. I haven't felt as peaceful as i did there during my 6 weeks in Thailand.

The food is great and reasonably priced. I had chicken and cashew nuts for lunch which cost 120 baht. The pineapple smoothie is a must try to anyone visiting here. The portion sizes aren't tiny either which was very appreciated after a few weeks of never really feeling full up.

There is one staff member in particular who I'd like to mention as being an asset to the resort. I'm not sure of his name however he has tattoos and was always there with a smile. His English wasn't great but I got the impression he was the only person there that day who could speak even a bit. He was happy to help us with anything and he made our stay even more pleasant.

In terms of location it is about 1km to the park entrance. My bf and I walked it in about ten minutes and it's all flat road. There isn't much around, but I guess that's all part of the relaxing experience. After a few weeks in places such as Phuket and Phi Phi, it was nice to walk down the road and not be hassled for a massage!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jenna C
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had a wonderful stay at "At Home Resort" in March 2012 and would definitely recommend it to anyone who's planning to spend a couple of days in Khao Sok Nat'l Park.
Pros:
- very good location,
- immaculately clean rooms with a wonderful view,
- excellent fruit shakes,
- helpful staff (will organize all tours you wish to participate in)

Cons:
- none

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I traveled to Khao Sok with my husband, parents and brother. We stayed at At Home Resort for 2 nights. The hotel seems to be very good value for money. We stayed in the deluxe chalets, which were different and were surprisingly mosquito free, we slept really well. The food there (breakfast and dinner) was very good, but the real high point is the staff. They are really friendly and helpful. They gave us good advice regarding trips and the staff that accompanied us were knowledgeable and good company. If I ever go to Khao Sok again I will definitely stay at At Home. There were only a couple of things that needed improvement. The shower wasn't really warm or powerful enough, but for only a couple of nights I could easily cope with that. The really annoying thing was the live music that they had playing in the evenings. There were 2 guys playing guitar and singing, while their playing was ok their singing was absolutely terrible. Get rid of them and the place would be perfect!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Switzerland
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We stayed at the "At home Resort" in Khao Sok in November 2011. Before arriving here, we checked out two other places in Khao Sok - both were quite awful (run down, dirty and one had cockroaches). The "At home Resort" is new, very clean and well kept. There are wooden bungalows as well as little concrete houses. All rooms have air conditioning and the prices (1200 baht for a room in the concrete house including breakfast) are very reasonable. The employees don't speak the best English, but they try hard and are very friendly. I can really recommend the "At home Resort"!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lulak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phanom
Woodlawn Villas
#6 of 49 in Koh Tao
Palm Leaf Resort
Palm Leaf Resort
#8 of 77 in Koh Tao

Been to At Home Resort? Share your experiences!