Only stayed 1 night and we felt it was a beautiful location, very remote, and a great experience getting there.
The resort is stunning with a decent size pool and a restaurant/bar on site, along with Spa facilities. The restaurant serves thai food with european options but it is quite limited and expensive in comparison to other restaurants.
The room was great, we booked a superior room, which meant we had a river view but that was actually restricted by the bushes in front. It was large with air con, fridge and a nice bathroom. The lighting was a little low and the location of the bathroom light switch was somewhat awkward.
The resort is simply too isolated to be a one night stay. Someone would need at least 3 days to benefit from the peace and tranquility. However, a longer stay would involve a lot of travelling to get around to see the sites and restricted by the lack of facilities.
We would return as we did enjoy the visit but we had our own driver and would reccomend that anyone else staying here do something similar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Kwai Resotel is the unique river jungle resort along the River Kwai. With its jungle setting and lush green garden just beside River Kwai, there are lots of jungle and river activities that guests can enjoy and fulfill the days. The resort is connected to Lawa Cave, one of Thailand national reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and TripOnline SA so you can book your River Kwai Resotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Kwai Resotel Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Resotel Sai Yok, Thailand