My stay at the Best Western Raftevold Hotel in Hornindal was short but I really was breath taken by the view from my bedroom, watching the sunset on the deepest European lake is amazing. I really enjoyed the buffets both for breakfast and for dinner, the best meals I have had in Scandinavia. A special thank you to the french manager, an important feature of the hotel. I particularly appreciate time he took to explain to me a nice itinerary to the valley of Norangsdal, I wouldn't have found it in any guides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First Hotel Raftevold has been providing a personalized and friendly service to international guests for more than 145 years. It is situated at the eastern end of the Hornindal Lake, the deepest lake in Europe (514 m) and on the renowned tourist route between the Briksdal glacier and the Geiranger fjord. In 1867 Ola M. Raftevold bought an old boathouse and converted it into a coach inn. First Hotel Raftevold is a modern tourism hotel run according to a long tradition of hospitality and homely atmosphere. 44 well equipped bedrooms, spacious public rooms, a restaurant, a café, a lounge & bar and several meeting rooms. First Hotel Raftevold is also an excellent central point for excursions by car or bus to famous tourist attractions in the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your First Hotel Raftevold reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sogn Og Fjordane
- Sogn Og Fjordane Best Western