The surroundings of this hotel are overwhelmingly beautiful, situated as it is on the shore of the deep Hornindal lake. We stopped overnight on our way to the North West coast of Norway, and as a nice surprise, we found that our room had a balcony facing the lake - needless to say we sat there half the night enjoying the summernight. The room itself was clean - minus for a clogged bathroom washbasin! The breakfast was adequate.
All in all, we enjoyed ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First Hotel Raftevold has been providing a personalized and friendly service to international guests for more than 145 years. It is situated at the eastern end of the Hornindal Lake, the deepest lake in Europe (514 m) and on the renowned tourist route between the Briksdal glacier and the Geiranger fjord. In 1867 Ola M. Raftevold bought an old boathouse and converted it into a coach inn. First Hotel Raftevold is a modern tourism hotel run according to a long tradition of hospitality and homely atmosphere. 44 well equipped bedrooms, spacious public rooms, a restaurant, a café, a lounge & bar and several meeting rooms. First Hotel Raftevold is also an excellent central point for excursions by car or bus to famous tourist attractions in the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your First Hotel Raftevold reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sogn Og Fjordane
- Sogn Og Fjordane Best Western