“Fantastic Time with grandchildren” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annapurna Bed & Breakfast

Annapurna Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Lingwood B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Time with grandchildren”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked the Church Farm Barns on line through Booking .com. We found the owner very pleasant and was very helpful. She provided us with lots of choice at breakfast time with our two small grandchildren really enjoyed. Cooked breakfast was excellent. The room was spotless and we had a lovely en suite. All the attractions for the children were about 20 mins away... Fantastic base and very peaceful. We even had chance to use the hot tub in the garden ..... Norwich is only 20 mns away, Centre of Broadland 10 mins, Bewilderwood 15 mins away and lots more to do and see. Also fantastic pubs in the surrounding area. Worth another visit on our own.... Can't wait.

Room Tip: We had room number 3 which was well appointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank wendy24070

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Initially booked in for a 2 night stay, which we extended to 4 nights. On arrival we found our room with un-suite bathroom, was actually a private bathroom a very short distance from our room. This occurred due limited selections offered on the independent site, we booked our break through. On speaking to the Owner/Manager we were relocated to another barn which fully met our needs, they could have not been more helpful and accommodating. Our stay was very peaceful and relaxing in a beautifully clean and tidy setting, both internally and externally. Set in very well maintained grounds my teenagers enjoyed the table tennis and use of the hot tub during our stay. Continental and full English is available at an extra cost, and Wifi is available to use. We were so impressed before leaving we rebooked directly through Church Farm Barns, for a week in May in a barn of our choice. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverley F
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my partner and 10yo son, February '14. My first observation was how spotlessly clean everything was as we walked through to collect our keys, and we weren't disappointed by the room either! Lovely old features & simply but very tastefully decorated. Bathroom was immaculate, big towels, hairdryer available, iron/clothes rail. We gave a time for our breakfast (which is good because it meant we got up in good time to enjoy our day!) Breakfast was great, everything you could ask for with the continental option or a very ample perfectly cooked alternative! The proprietors Anna & Owen are always on hand to help and are not at all intrusive. We all loved it and when we asked for the table tennis table - it appeared! Thank you Annapurna - we had a truly amazing time, and a family experience we'll remember, we will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janine G
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is my third visit to Church Barns and this time I was sporting a fractured leg so we chose to stay in their fully equipped disabled room, Everything was at my finger tips and the wet room was just perfect.The room was wheelchair friendly and spacious it even had a night light so I didn't have to fudge around for light switches..
We were greeted on arrival by a very polite gentlemen who was in attendance throughout our stay . We stayed for five days as I was having a little R and R and the local district nurses very kindly popped in daily.We had our little dog with us and as there are some beautiful local footpaths my husband took her out whilst I sat outside in the beautiful grounds enjoying the sunshine which are very well kept by the gardener who is a pleasant chap and if you wanted to go into Norwich for the day by train he would drop you at the local train station at Lingwood
.. If you wanted a cooked breakfast it could be ordered or you have the choice of an excellent continental one. We are already looking forward to our return in the summer months were we will stay in one of there beautiful Barnes as we did before but this visit the Disabled room suited my needs. The owner Catherine was her normal cheerful self and it was like going to stay with friends as the place is filled with so much love and care. On our next visit I am hoping to use the fantastic hot tub. To Catherine and Owen !thank you for making my stay at Church Farm Barnes so comfortable .

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect but this time I found the disabled room suited my needs as it has an excel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SuzziqLancashire
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was my first stay in this area for a long time. As a coach driver i have stayed in many a place. I was greeted on arrival by a gentleman who was very polite ,He showed me to my room explained everything that was needed to know. The bedroom was spotless ,bed very soft and comfortable.The bathroom was immaculate,towels lovely and soft. They had tea coffee facilities also a small fridge which i found very useful. They had large windows that opened fully allowing lots of fresh air which was wonderful as it was a warm weekend. I had two lovely nights sleep as it was so peaceful and quiet. The gentleman that greeted me asked what time i would like breakfast which i thought was good ,so did not have to get up too early.The lady of the establishment served breakfast which was really enjoyable cooked to a high standard. Overall i was well looked after the owners always spoke every time they were passing. I would highly recommend church farm barns to any body wishing to stay in a HIGH standard b&b. Many thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This is my first visit to Church Farm Barns, I found it by accident as couldn't get booked for 5 days into Travelodge which is where I usually stay. In terms of value for money, the barns were less expensive than TL, in fact my friends didnt believe the cost for 5 nights so it is well worth considering even if on a low budget. First impressions, I arrived at night but found it easily. lovely and secluded with ample parking and very clean, simple outside space. I was met by a very pleasant chap who showed me to my room, gave me my key, helped me with my stuff and left me to it. I prefer privacy and felt that the balance of 'service' was just right, had I needed anything there were several contact numbers out of hours and someone around during the day. My room was very clean amd simple had a very comfortable double bed, ample hanging space, tea/coffee and a small fridge.. all spotless, wifi and tv. The bathroom was clean warm and simple, I liked that there were family size toiletries.. in keeping with the eco friendly feel of the place. There were a couple of noisy nights but this was due to other residents not the accommodation. All in all I can recommend this accommodation, I would certainly stay here myself again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My partner needed somewhere to stay for a couple of weeks and it needed to be close to where I lived, I googled a B&B in this location and this one came up.. The owner Catherine is lovely the room he was given was spotless, well presented with nice finishing touches, nothing was to much trouble and if ever I needed to recommend somewhere close to home then this place is definitely top of my list.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingwood
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
Premier Inn Lowestoft Hotel
Premier Inn Norwich East (Broadlands/A47) Hotel
Premier Inn Norwich East (Broadl...
#1 of 1 in Thorpe St Andrew
The Station House
The Station House
#1 of 2 in Lingwood
Cotenham Barn Bed & Breakfast
Cotenham Barn Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in South Walsham

Been to Annapurna Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!