“If only all Paintball sites are this good!”

Cenarth Adventure Centre
Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Cenarth
More attraction details
Owner description: Winners of 'Visitor Experience of the Year' 2011Cenarth Adventure Centre specialises in offering exciting military missions in an authentic environment. Real military vehicles, towers, bridges, missiles and a massive castle make your games a very realistic experience, with REAL tactics & REAL adrenaline! Paintballing can be played by 11yr olds+ and Laser Combat by 5yr olds+; so they are both ideal for families and friends to enjoy together. Archery, remote control buggies and a woodland challenge course are also on offer for those family members who don't fancy the combat games or if you'd like a whole days activities.Open all year round come rain or shine! A 'Quality Assured Visitor Attraction' by Visit Wales and Accredited United Kingdom Paintball Sposts Federation Venue.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Hands down the best-run site I've ever been too, and I should know!

A bit of my background:
I am a completely obsessed Paintballer and I've been playing for about 7-8 years. I have all my own gear, and have been to a LOT of different sites, many in S.W.Wales, 5 or so in Somerset, 2 in the Bristol area, and a couple further north. These all include the 2 biggest Paintball franchises in the UK, I am also a UK Warped Big Game Veteran for 5 years, so I’ve seen my fair share of venues and how they are run, this is and has been my local site for a few years. I had my stag there recently, and wasn’t allowed to use my own gear (only on this occasion) check out their Facebook photos; I'm in the pink Baby outfit.

Staff:
Highly experienced and very friendly staff run this site, with full commitment to your day, they are clear and concise with everything and are happy to answer any questions you have, as well as calm the nerves of first timers by having a good laugh or two.

Marshalling:
I can’t stress this enough the marshalling here is AMAZING. Granted there are times when some idiot does something out of view of the marshal’s (this isn’t often) but they cant be everywhere at once. The marshal’s are almost all very experienced and trained on the job to the highest level, will position themselves strategically through each game and move with the play, keeping in communication with each other via Walkie-talkie. If you have a problem with your gun (which is rare) they will very quickly swap it for you in game, so you can stay in the thick of it, do ammo runs and help in any way they can.

The facilities:
Great, a full Cafe, with kitchen which serves hot food, hot drinks, cold drinks ect, large indoor staging area, with seating, well stocked paintball and army surplus shop, with the latest guns and masks ect, equipment hiring or buying, full toilet block with proper toilets!!!! Good size car park.

Equipment:
At first glance the guns don’t look anything special (no sites regular guns do) BUT, as prev stated, I have been doing this for a while, and the internals of their guns are the same as my own expensive gun, so are pretty dam good. All equipment is cleaned regularly; unlike other sites I’ve been too locally, where oil dripped out of the end of the barrel, or another in Bristol where most guns would seize during the game! LENSES!!! These are so important, they pay a lot of money for thermal lenses for all the masks. This vastly reduced fogging!

Paint:
This is in my view, one of the most important things. Here, the paint is very carefully chosen on the day of play to give you the best for the price. Although the paint is sold at a fairly high price, I have paid more for worse, and well, how else is he going to pay for everything else? As most pro ballers know, having the same paint throughout is also important especially sizing for a freak barrel! One other local site mixes brands, another uses isn’t so bad its just depressing!

Maps:
Well developed, highly thought out scenario games. It feels natural. After speaking to Neil, the obstacles are "played" before final placement, and the games are always evolving to keep them fresh and exciting. There is even a 2 storey wooden castle (seriously), which is amazing. These seem better than most other sites in some way, I’ve been to sites, which look better in maps, but they just don’t play right, and end up being very difficult to advance.

Safety:
This is extremely important. Barrel rolls sliding in on knees commando crawls are all part of the fun, but if you intentionally endanger yourself or others by lifting you’re mask or shooting people in the head intentionally, you will be sent packing. They are very strict on all aspects of this, and give you full instructions and what to do and what not to do, and remind you throughout the day.
They are very safe and rightly so!

Summary:
Although I haven’t been to all sites in the UK, I can certainly say that this is my favourite by far. I have a few sites closer to me, but I make the effort and drive an hour to get here whenever I have the money. (Which is more often than you'd think) and will continue to do so. I am a big believer of the saying “you get what you pay for” and here you get far-far more.

Happy Balling!

Ben

2  Thank Benandceri
natalie f, Owner at Cenarth Adventure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experiences playing at the centre & comparing with all the other sites you've played on. It is always nice to know when our hard work is doing what it's supposed to do....giving people a truly amazing experience they'll never forget!

We will continue to strive to exceed our customers expectations in offering them a high quality service during their combat game session. Thanks again & see you soon :)

Reviewed 28 November 2011

How do you cope with a birthday party for a 12 year old and 10 of his very active friends. Cenarth Adventure Centre, that's where! Its not the first time we been, both my sons have been before to play the lazer adventure. My eldest has been asking me for ages to do the paintball which is much more adventurous. I had no problem letting them loose on the staff who were fun, but strict and very professional. Safety is the important factor when you have 10 hyperactive 11 and 12 year old boys running through the woods with guns. They had the best afternoon that could have wanted with the bruises to prove it. Great staff, great food, great centre, great afternoon. And all out of my hands!
The only downside is having to listen how amazing my son was for weeks to come.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank Clive J
Reviewed 28 November 2011

From start to finish the day was fantastic, we were welcomed to the lovely facilities and we all enjoyed a brilliant day paintballing!!! I have been to a few places and the safety at this site was superb compared to others!! Can’t wait to come back next year……

1  Thank Tom_2007G
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Went with my niece, neither of us had been before so not sure what to ecpect. The staff were friendly, efficient and very thorough and strict with the safety rules.
We had half a day there approx 3hrs. Each game lasted approx 15mins, and they were excillarating, running through proper woods and I even fell down a long embankment, took forever to get back up and covered in mum(brill).

The last game was excellent, where each team took it in turns to protect the castle, which was quite realistic, with vehicles etc around for the advencing team to hide behind.

I would recommend u hire gloves for the hands, and watch ure paint,a you can keepfilling up through the games, and ure bill can mount up if not careful.

I will definately return, thanks to the staff for a great fun day.

1  Thank welshprideWales