“lovely idyl place to visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Coracle Centre

National Coracle Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Cenarth
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“lovely idyl place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

not enough places to eat but lovely place to visit, museum is interesting, nice local pub . Great waterfalls nearby..look fort eh eels a delight for the kiddies with fishing nets.

Visited May 2012

Tregaron, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Was there one?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Followed the signs, went in the shop, ignored by a very bored shopkeeper- no signs or details of the centre so went back out. We could have asked but why should we/ A smile and a greeting costs nothing

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Peteofkent
London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Just about all you ever wanted to know about coracle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I must admit that for some reason I thought this centre wouldn't be worth the visit and so had driven past it several times.
How wrong I was!
Although packed into a fairly small area it is full of useful and really interesting information, tales and photographs. Also stories of the coracle from different parts of the world. Like another reviewer I too thought the coracle was a welsh thing.
I will visit again as I think my grandchildren will enjoy it. (Really an excuse for another look, especially as I'm sure there were a few bits I missed first time round!)

So you don't think I only say nice things, I looked around the old mill here too and thought it WAS something to be missed!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank klotts
Poole, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“I thought coracles were a Welsh thing. How wrong I was.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stuffed full of info about all types of coracles and the wonderful characters who built and paddled them. A wood frame covered in skin doesn't sound that interesting but visit this place and change your mind. Entry fee is modest and includes a visit to an old water mill that is being restored. See all the old wooden gear and the stones that ground the flour still in place. A great experience.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ianpreston62
Llandysul, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An Important Part of Cenarth History.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

This is a must if you are visiting Cenarth. Sitting on the Teifi River, this pretty village boasts the last of the coracle makers and the National Coracle Centre feeds your mind with historical information about the River, the Village and it's Coracle Fishermen. Well worth a visit.

Visited July 2012