After travelling throughout the Pacific, most recently on both islands of Samoa and New Zealand, we found Stevenson's on Savaii the most over-priced and over-rated of all the accommodation we'd stayed in. Taken in by the beach setting on which the fales are built and wrongly assuming that we had been quoted a rate for a 'double' as requested, we thought we'd give the 'fale' experience a try. We realise a 'fale' is a Samoan style hut with woven shutters instead of walls, but if they are going to charge the same as the air-conditioned cabins with verandah just down the road, they need to improve their standards! A bed, the only furniture, was thin and uncomfortable, made up with old, pilled sheets and draped by a too small mosquito net with holes. A fan above the bed had bare wires which was surely a safety, if not fire hazard. The ensuite consisted of a shower, toilet, sink, safe and fridge. The shower spout was a broken pipe protruding from the rock wall, the sink tap was wedged in by two bits of wood and neither the fridge or safe worked. Breakfast was a small portion of fruit, an egg, toast and coffee served while flea-ridden cats hung around waiting for scraps. We wondered whether lunch and dinner were meant to have been included in the rate, but it was never mentioned. If the owners get their act together and make the fales as 'luxurious' as they're supposed to be, perhaps they'd have full occupancy. Until that happens we recommend you steer clear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the white sandy beaches just west of Manase, on the Island of Savaii. Our Villas, Suites and Euro Fales are just steps to the ocean’s edge and our restaurant, bar and function fale are situated within the tropical garden on the inland side of our property. With so many options, you're sure to find something that meets your needs and budget. Traditional materials are used throughout the resort to create a rustic appeal in our Villas, Euro Fales and the Restaurant. Stevenson’s Luxury Suites (our newest addition) have a surprisingly modern decor, using bright colours fused with old-world Samoan carvings, tapa designs and exquisite lava rock. Stevensons is the ideal spot for honeymooners and those seeking peace and quiet – swim or snorkel in the cool, clear blue water or simply relax on the beautiful white sandy beach and listen to the gently lapping waves. Simply paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Stevenson's at Manase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stevenson`s At Manase Hotel Manase
- Stevensons At Manase Hotel