After reading the reviews after I had booked a villa at Stevensons, I was a little apprehensive as to what to expect. We had one of the beach front villas (not fale) and really loved it. Had everything we required, plus they had made up the fold out double couch in to a bed for our daughter. Really loved the shower being outside in the open out the back of our villa, gave it a real tropical feel. We were lucky enough to have villa 3, which is the only one that had solar heated water, so never ran out of hot water. A couple of the other villas had hot water issues & I know one took a few days to get it seen to. Units were serviced each day; beds made, towels changed, milk, tea, coffee replaced, unit was swept & mopped, and the deck out front was swept. Everything was lovely & clean. The beach was absolutely gorgeous, water warm & pristine. Unfortunately at some stage our villa was broken in to and some money was stolen. The staff were very apologetic and came and fixed the doors on all the villas to give a bit extra security. Bit of a learning curve to be extra careful when travelling, this could have happened anywhere, even in good old NZ. We didn't have a problem with ants, there were the odd few around (went in July) but nothing major. The staff were very helpful, friendly and just fantastic. Had a night where they cooked an umu which was really enjoyable & great value. We thought all the meals ranged from good to fabulous. Happy hour (or 2 hours) each day was even better value!! They even got the big screen out for us to watch the Chiefs game. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would recommend it to others and will be looking forward to returning one day. Make sure you go out on the glass bottom boat that leaves daily from the Beach resort down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the white sandy beaches of Manase, on the Island of Savaii. Our Villas, Suites and Euro Fales are just steps to the ocean’s edge and our restaurant, bar and function fale are situated within the tropical garden on the inland side of our property. With so many options, you're sure to find something that meets your needs and budget. Traditional materials are used throughout the resort to create a rustic appeal in our Villas, Euro Fales and the Restaurant. Stevenson’s Luxury Suites have modern samoan decor, using bright colours fused with old-world Samoan carvings, tapa designs and exquisite lava rock. Stevensons is the ideal spot for honeymooners and those seeking peace and quiet – swim or snorkel in the cool, clear blue water or simply relax on the beautiful white sandy beach and listen to the gently lapping waves. Simply paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stevenson's at Manase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stevenson`s At Manase Hotel Manase
- Stevensons At Manase Hotel