We spent 7 nights at Stevenson's in late September 2013. After a late night flight and ferry trip across from Upolu we arrived at this paradise, our tiredness and lack of energy was suddenly transformed into excitement and joy that we would be spending the next 7 days here. Our Beach Villas were an excellent blend of rustic and comfortable and the amazing crystal clear water and soft sand only a couple of metres away. We ventured through the beautiful tropical gardens to have some lunch in the family friendly restaurant. This was our first introduction to the staff, who were very friendly but at this stage we had no idea just how great they would be.
The food was great, fresh and well cooked, we especially liked the baked fish. But there was plenty of variety to keep us interested every night. The Fia Fia night was outstanding and the demonstrations and the food were some of the highlights.
The staff however made an already great experience an unforgettable one. Led by Leala the girls at the restaurant shared their culture and made our girls feel very special, especially our 6 yr old who became the Samoan Princess. Leala provided a special Coconut leaf weaving demonstration for us and made visors, glasses, baskets, fans etc. She also had our girls intrigued with the Sina and the Eel story.
Tutula and Megan in the office could not have been more helpful and cheerfully assisted us with any query we had as well as providing suggestions on things to do. We also had lunch and shared a wine or two with Trevor the owner which was also a nice touch.
Add to this the snorkeling just outside your room where you saw a large variety of fish and coral and especially the turtles.
A thoroughly enjoyable first week introduction to Samoa and a perfect base to explore the rest of the beautiful Savaii island.
Our girls are already bugging us about going back!!
As a footnote we spent the second week in the more fancied Aggie Gray's Resort and we were very disappointed with the quality of the food and the beach area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the white sandy beaches of Manase, on the Island of Savaii. Our Villas, Suites and Euro Fales are just steps to the ocean’s edge and our restaurant, bar and function fale are situated within the tropical garden on the inland side of our property. With so many options, you're sure to find something that meets your needs and budget. Traditional materials are used throughout the resort to create a rustic appeal in our Villas, Euro Fales and the Restaurant. Stevenson’s Luxury Suites have modern samoan decor, using bright colours fused with old-world Samoan carvings, tapa designs and exquisite lava rock. Stevensons is the ideal spot for honeymooners and those seeking peace and quiet – swim or snorkel in the cool, clear blue water or simply relax on the beautiful white sandy beach and listen to the gently lapping waves. Simply paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your Stevenson's at Manase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stevenson`s At Manase Hotel Manase
- Stevensons At Manase Hotel