The house is beautiful - the balcony is everything you're hoping for - we ate breakfast and lunch - arancini from the shop nearby - there everyday and the rooms are comfortable and spacious. The breakfast is unusually good by the standards of other places I have had 'free breakfast' in Italy and the staff are unusually friendly. Laura was putting croissants (and croissant crema!) in the oven when we got up early one day, so they're obviously fresh, and there is a selection of jams, bread and local biscuits.
We asked for a sea-view room and it was a great place to stay with a view that takes your breath away.
Punta Secca is very very quiet out of season (we were there in early Oct) so if you're looking for a lively trip (we weren't), that's not the time to go. The Rosengarten nearby does good pizza and huge portions of pasta for a reasonable price, though it's hardly fine dining. Montalbano would prefer 'San'D' - which prepares the seafood featured in the show.
The beach outside is rocky (save for a narrow channel marked by buoys), but the beach by the lighthouse is glorious.
The rooms are B&B rooms so don't expect hotel levels of soundproofing. There were also plenty of flies around for whatever reason so some repellent would be a good idea.
I saw that there were some mixed reviews of this place - I'm sure some guests may have experienced problems that were fixed before we arrived... Others may have had different expectations, but the truth is we had an absolutely fabulous stay and will hopefully come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official "B&B La Casa di Montalbano" account. Please write a review only if you have spent your holiday in our B&B. Would you review the attraction "Montalbano House" please post your review on this page--> La Casa del Commissario Montalbano ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your B&B La Casa di Montalbano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montalbano Commissioner`s House (La Casa Di Montalbano) Hotel Punta Secca
- B&B La Casa Di Montalbano Punta Secca, Sicily - Province Of Ragusa