“Lovely family day”

Woodside Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Newball
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lincolnshire's premier family run, hands on, friendly wildlife park. Shows every hour from amazing animals, big cat feeding, reptile handling, wolf feeding to flying displays. Tropical house with butterfly's, bats, monkeys and even a sloth. Birds of prey to meerkats and tapir. Children's play area, tea rooms and gift shop with load's more....
Reviewed 8 August 2014

What a lovely day spent at Woodside Wildlife & Falconry Park Nr Lincoln. This was our first visit but it won't be our last. The animals and birds are all well looked after and seem very happy, all the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The park was compact and access very good. There is a small café which sold very freshly made sandwiches, lovely homemade cakes and jacket potatoes. We watched the animal show, which was great fun and I'm sure the animals enjoyed it as much as we did. Great day out for all the family, something for everyone, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me, my parents and younger sister spent a day at Woodside in early July. This is something we do every year which shows just how brilliant the place is.

There are various activities and sessions throughout the day which are fun for all the family. The day we went was very hot which meant the birds didn't want to fly as much in the falconry show, despite this the show was still informative and very enjoyable.

I believe the park is a small family run business which means all of the staff are extremely approachable and the whole park has a personal feel to it.

I would highly recommend this attraction for a family day out. We will most definitely be returning next year!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We didn`t really know quite what to expect, here, but we were pleasantly surprised. The zoo is well laid out and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. We were privileged to witness the feeding of the White Wolves. These magnificent creatures are in a lovely, spacious, natural, enclosure and appear very content.

The "animal show" was splendid, with trained birds and animals putting on a display of their instinctive behaviour. All in all, a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a day out with a friend, no kids and hade a great time, the animals are varied, great selection of animals in keeping with the location of the park. The main attraction was the tigers, got some great pictures. I enjoyed all the animals and butterflies, attended the lemur show, the falconry and lion feeding. It not a huge park and is quite compact, the staff are friendly and very knowledgeable, I toot a picnic so cannot comment on the café, but it looked good. There is an indoor picnic are in case of rain. Very enjoyable half day, little pricy at just under £10.00 for an adult

1  Thank Kezza6977
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We'd been to several wildlife parks over the weekend and this was the last one before we ended our holiday and headed home. I'd read about it in a brochure so I suggested stopping and checking it out. It was very expensive for what it was (we have a similar place right here and it is less than half the price) but I'll say more on that later.
It's a nice place to visit and I expected to see meerkats, otters, monkeys, farm animals, reptiles and birds of prey. And I did. But I did not expect the lynx or the two tigers, or the lovely little room with all the fruit bats in! There was also (and this is what made the price make sense to me) an enclosure of white wolves which were very much on display. I believe this is the only permanent exhibition of this particular kind of wolf in the country, and it is certainly the only place I have EVER been where the wolves were not hiding. Generally having wolves in a park/zoo can cause problems and many places don't bother, and even when they do you never get to see them because they're naturally elusive and avoid people. So I was very impressed when I got to see all of the wolves trotting round, bold as you like, eyeing the people and playing with each other. We watched them being fed and they ate right in front of us, which was very unusual but nevertheless an amazing spectacle.
I think this place would be better off for families and children, as you can feed the farm animals and watch reptile shows and there are several play areas. They also seem to do a lot of days out for schools, which I imagine would be fun.
We, however, were just glad to see the wolves and the bats, they really recommend the place. Otherwise it was a standard nature park and we killed a pleasant hour walking around it in the sunshine.

1  Thank Alexandra J