“Stunning accomidation and scrumptious cuisine.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Blue Duck Inn Hotel Pub

The Blue Duck Inn Hotel Pub
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian, Steakhouse, International
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning accomidation and scrumptious cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband took me to the blue duck inn hotel for a romantic weekend away. The cabins were so comfortable and cozy, and had the most beautiful view of the bush and the coobungara river. The whole place has a warm country feel yet the cabins are clean and modern.

The restaraunt is breathtaking. The owner explained the old layout of the pub and we were shocked by how well they managed to replicate the traditional style whilst making the pub more functional and friendly. The food was delicious as well as being perfectly portioned.

In whole, a cozy and comfortable retreat in perhaps one of the most beautiful places in the world.

1 Thank Sarahxxy

Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing little rustic hideaway! Great food and cozy cabins.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have stayed at the Blue Duck Inn Hotel three times in the past few years and only after my most recent trip over Easter got around to reviewing it. The hotel is a gem, with incredibly cozy and well fitted cabins. The food is spectacular for a pub that is white literally in the middle of nowhere. I purchased the 400g scotch fillet steak and was given a piece that was perfectly cooked and at least 600g. In defence of the chip critique in one of the other posts, I can't help but note that it is a pub in the middle of nowhere, and to my taste, they were golden and crunchy. My wife ordered the flathead fillets which were very well cooked. The only negative thing I can note, is crowds it gets over Easter. But on the two other occasions we have been, there hasn't been that problem. Five star accommodation, food and hospitality.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tristan L
Melbourne, Australia
“Pack Saddlers Thank you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Arrived with Mules, horses, 4 people to the Blue Duck Inn. All of us were made to feel welcome, with lovely roomy accom for us and great paddocks for our animals. Recommend all aspects of the Inn, the menu and meals were particularly tasty. Thank you and we will be seeing you again.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Jo k
“Unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a unique place, rustic, serene and totally away from the hustle and bustle.
We enjoyed the company of the other guests, it is a very personal little pub. We will definitely return
the meals were great, we had the prime scotch, cooked perfect and the salad was lovely and fresh. Try finishing with the bread and butter pudding
We sat on the deck overlooking the river, it was just perfect

1 Thank Blueskint
Melbourne, Australia
“Lost a little charm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Mate and I stayed at the Duck while fishing the area. New owners were "modernising" the bar area and changing the menu. It was moving from the menu that it had become renowned for to one that was easy to deliver. The changes have taken it down a star or maybe two, with the meals just making it as reasonable. I am not sure the kitchen staff were retained. Maybe we were spoilt for the previous 6 or 7 years my son and I stayed between Xmas and New Year fishing and tubing the rivers. The new modern look and feel is designed to make the tourists feel comfortable and have a coffee or meal as they pass.
The magnificent views will never change and sitting on a verandah overlooking the river is one of the best comforts in the world.
For a basic room $130 per night is pretty steep, particularly if you would like to stay a few nights. There is a camping ground with toilets and bbqs across the road on the river.

Obviously the new owners need to make a living and will find the balance eventually and people have different likes and dislikes. My mate who was with me thought the bar was great, though disappointed in the meals (I had sold him on the steaks and parma).

• Visited May 2011