“Best weekend ever”
Review of Green Farm Fitness

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shadoxhurst
Green Farm Fitness
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After years of ignoring my body and concentrating on child rearing and eating I felt lethargic, unfit and tired. As a last resort I took myself off to GFF and the result was truly incredible. A weekend of excellent, motivational exercise outdoors in the beautiful woods and fields of Shadoxhurst under the watchful eye of fitness guru, Kathryn Freeland, left me feeling energised and so much healthier. The small group of fellow travellers,( mixed ages) all had different levels of fitness and Kathryn cleverly managed to engage every one at the same time with exercises modified to suit the individual. Push ups on large ancient logs, exercise bands around tree trunks, power walking through fields, stretching and yoga in the old barn .... it was so varied, very beautiful and incredibly invigorating. The farmhouse was gorgeous, extremely restful thanks to Maryann, and the food, carefully chosen to satisfy but not fatten, was delicious. It was a wonderful experience and one which inspired me, on my return to the real world, to eat properly and exercise. Much as I like my new found healthiness, I need to go back to GFF again soon for a top up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My first weekend at Green Farm Fitness was fantastic. Maryann and Martin invite you into their beautiful home where, along with their friend Kathryn, they have organised 2 days of being put through your paces with circuit training, core, yoga and Pilates with like-minded people.

However, if you are looking for a bootcamp or detox, this is not the place for you. The weekend is holistic, you enjoy fantastic homemade healthy food from local sources (and yes you can have a drink with dinner), while Kathryn tailors the fitness to your level and needs (that is not to say that she won’t challenge and push you otherwise why are you there?). During the dedicated ‘me time’, of which there is plenty, there is also the opportunity to have a massage, take on the challenge of the sauna and plunge pond (I did it twice!), borrow some bikes, take long walks around the local area or simply sit in the peaceful grounds of the farm. It felt like I spent the weekend with friends as Maryann, Martin and Kathryn are so friendly, fun-loving and clearly enjoy what they do.

I cannot recommend the weekend highly enough. I came away relaxed, invigorated and with determination to start eating healthier (so far I have made the smoothie and soup – just waiting for the bread machine to arrive) and with tips and hints for adding more exercise into my lifestyle. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've just returned from a wonderful weekend at GFF. I would highly recommend the fitness weekend to anyone who is looking for a boost to their current lifestyle. I arrived feeling tired and unmotivated and left feeling refreshed and recharged - exactly what I wanted out of the weekend. Kathryn's forest workouts are fantastic! The accommodation is lovely, as are the hosts and there is a great balance of exercise time vs free time. The sauna and plunge in the pond should not be missed. Food is delicious and very healthy. Overall a weekend not to be missed and I would love to do it again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CarlaKB
Reviewed 19 November 2013

After such a great experience in early Spring with a large bunch of friends, we decided to return for an Autumn weekend. Those of us who had been before knew that it wouldn't disappoint and it didn't! As always the place was immaculate and MaryAnn and Martin gave us their usual friendly welcome.
There's little to say that hasn't been said before and I'm certain that we'll return again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

What a fabulous place Green Farm is. The hosts have such an eye for detail and everything is done to perfection. The location is quite stunning and the house is beautifully presented, clean and comfortable. Food is superb and there's plenty of it. Highly recommended for the discerning and fussy travellers. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you’re reading this and pondering whether to take the leap, don’t hesitate!
A Green Farm Fitness weekend is exceptional.
I know both Maryann and Kathryn personally and know their passion and commitment to their fitness weekends knows no bounds.
Green Farm itself is beautiful, spacious and comfortable, the food is plentiful and delicious (and there is wine!) and Kathryn’s exercise programs have the perfect balance of being varied, challenging and fun. This is a fantastic and unique weekend break, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A gem of a place in the beautiful Kent countryside, you are guaranteed to leave with an uplifted spirit and feeling pounds lighter.....believe it!

Green Farm with the Fitness incorporated is a beautiful and relaxing home from home and has the perfect balance of retreat and fitness combined with wonderful food. I have been here a number of times and would highly recommend it to all. The beautiful house is welcoming and the weekends are a great way to not only relax and get fit but to meet some wonderful people on the way.
Whether you attend alone or part of a group the welcome is as warm and friendly, you will leave the place as part of the GFF family.

The house is beautiful and restored to a very high standard thanks to Maryann and Martin who have loved this house back to life and are instrumental in encouraging you all the way. The grounds are extensive and great for walking and exercising all seasons round. Kathryn is a breath of fresh air and is excellent at gently coaxing you into the fitness which you end up looking orward to each day, this is truly the icing on the cake, you really do not feel pressured into exercising at all in fact you leave wanting more.

Green Farm Fitness is a unique place and it is a privilege to spend time here with people who sincerely have your best interest at heart.

Room Tip: The house is a period property with a unique and quirky feel!