“Good fun for little kids”
Review of Monk Park Farm

Monk Park Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bagby
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went with 3 kids, age 2 - 7, and they all had a good time. The petting barn is good, well laid out with very friendly animals and helpful staff. Outside there is a good play area, a huge sand pit and lots of pens to walk round with another small play area, though some more picnic benches there would be good. My 4 year old really enjoyed it, he loved feeding the animals, especially off the goat tower, where you drop food down pipes and the goats climb up to get it. The lamb feeding is interesting, but it is more of a stampeded, and the barrel ride is a bit mad. I found it dusty, bumpy and cramped, but the kids all loved it. I thought the entrance fee was reasonable for the amount of time we spent in there.
We didn't use the cafe.

in 4 reviews
"value for money"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It's the second time we have been here and we had another good day, this time we got to feed the lambs which was amazing! Everyone had to stand on some grass and then we had to shout of the lambs who came running out of the barn, they were so cute! Well worth a visit when it's lambing! There is a cafe. The barn had baby calf, lambs, a pig and goats. There are lots of things for the kids to do, climbing frames, swings, slides, motorised cars & quad cycles. There are also animals out in the fields so you can have a nice walk if the weather is nice.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I brought my 2 children who loves animals, the entrance price was very reasonable, we spent a good couple of hours looking around the farm, then fed the pet lambs which was a great experience, the staff in the barn were very helpful and friendly. The cafe was ok a bit dirty but the food was good, the gift shop had a few good things to buy and the girl was friendly and helpful. all in all a great day out!!! I will be visiting again!!!
Visited April 12

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Went here today as a family payed 24 pound to look at a load of fields with with a rag bag and moth tale collection of animals the place has a run down feel to it . Sand pit had a load of smashed spades and buckets not a lot to do wast of a day and 50 pounds including petrol and sweets for the kids . Yorkshire farming museum is far better value a lot more to do . Maybe the management shud take a trip to the farming museum to see hiw it shud be done

1  Thank Dave M
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This wasn't the first time we went to monk park farm infact we've been many times before and still even me and my wife get excited when we visit with our kids, all the animals are well looked after and all look healthy all the staff were great and very kind especially to my kids, they asked them which guinea pig they would like and after a few short seconds of running around trying ro catch it they did, then we went into the tearooms as we entered there was a lovely range of cakes including gluten free ones! Whilst we were waiting to place our order we got a few pieces of cake and drinks then as we got to the till I saw one of the best looking sunday roasts I have seen in a long time so I quickley made up my mind about what I was eating, so we all ordered the sunday roast and we were not disappointed it was absolutely delicious (and they had the biggest yorkshire pudding I'd ever seen it was bigger than my hand) and we enjoyed our meal by the log burner, and as always the staff were kind and helpful. I would recomend it to anyone as you can have a great day out and a gorgeous meal for a reasonable price!