Our large family (9 in all) took two rooms here for 4 days. The property is about 20 minutes north of the ferry opposite the Cow Bay Hotel (which has reasonable meals). The hostess Judy was exceptionally helpful and friendly and spend a lot of time explaining all the things to do in the Daintree. The property, although not new, is quite pleasant with basic rooms and a sort of rustic charm of yesteryear, and a nice pool. There was Foxtel in the rooms and I was able to use the 3G internet in the adjoining car park. We also had a great lunch at the BBQ on the property. Ideal base for a Daintree short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daintree Rainforest Retreat is a small family owned motel. It sits nestled in the forest surrounded by towering trees and lush gardens. While we do not have a restaurant we do offer a covered BBQ area with its own sitting area and a fully equipped and comfortable communal kitchen together with 2 further sitting/dining areas. The Cow Bay Hotel is a 2 minute walk and while it is very close, it can be neither seen nor heard from the motel. Our rooms are cooled by ceiling fans and guests can further escape the tropical heat with a dip in our palm fringed swimming pool. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Daintree Rainforest Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Rainforest Retreat Hotel Cow Bay
- Daintree Rainforest Retreat Daintree Region/Cow Bay