We went for an early Saturday night meal, our first away from our new baby. The staff were very lovely and the venue itself is really very nice however I have to give a poor review due to the food.
The menu, apart from the homemade soup, was straight off a 3663 lorry. The choices seemed to be very old fashioned. My husband had the soup, which he couldn't fault, and I had the prawn cocktail which was basic but nice. For mains, again my husband's roast was nice but I had the filo pie which had been liberally sprinkled with flour, making any flavour there impossible to taste. I did mention this to the waitress. The salmon in the pie was also very watery.
The main issue I had though was later that evening I was very ill so I cannot recommend the food here. It does seem a nice place to go for a drink though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Annie, Shane and the team offer a warm welcome at The White Horse Inn. Ideally situated on the A140 close to the village of Eye in Suffolk and midway between Ipswich and Norwich, this delightful Coaching Inn dates back to the 17th Century and continues to offer the very best in hospitality to the weary traveller.In the grounds are spacious, comfortable motel bedrooms offering en suite facilities, FREE WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS, flat screen freeview television, direct-dial telephone and hospitality tray. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Horse Hotel Stoke Ash
- The White Horse Inn Stoke Ash, Suffolk